Author Topic: chamberlain 9g  (Read 10744 times)

inter nut

chamberlain 9g
« on: 14 October, 2011, 09:25:05 pm »
hi all in a previous post i asked if i could reverse the direction of a diff for a different engine and gearbox to the original and it was thought that i could just assemble the diff in reverse {ie swap the crown wheel to the other side} but this is not possible  so im asking if the chamberlain rear end loaders had a diff that goes in the opposite direction  if so does anyone out there know where i could obtain one of these diffs and will my final drives and trumpet housing fit on a reverse diff  thanks in advance
collector of tractors engines and maker of engines from scrap metal and various old engine parts located at young nsw

inter nut

Re: chamberlain 9g
« Reply #1 on: 16 October, 2011, 09:55:59 pm »
hi again  does anyone else have any ideas on what i could do to make this work for me as i have limited time to complete this project as im hoping to use this tractor for my wedding car next september 2012 and i dont want to go to all the trouble of mounting the engine and painting and restoring if i can not find an answer to my questions or even if someone could put me in contact with someone that will know or that has one 
collector of tractors engines and maker of engines from scrap metal and various old engine parts located at young nsw

ianoz

« Reply #2 on: 17 October, 2011, 12:39:54 am »
 Hi Mate , I will ask over on the HCVC forum  for you .Couple of guys there  Very switched on with this sort of stuff .
fowler vf,david brown 30td,cat D24U,D47U,D47J,D46U,R4,D68U IH TD9,TD6 and many more
 Benaraby Central Queensland

ianoz

« Reply #3 on: 17 October, 2011, 03:51:30 pm »
Ok ,Got an answer from One track {Ron } over on HCVC forum . Hopefully the link there will work  .http://www.hcvc.com.au/forum/YaBB.pl?num=1318773250/0#5
fowler vf,david brown 30td,cat D24U,D47U,D47J,D46U,R4,D68U IH TD9,TD6 and many more

inter nut

« Reply #4 on: 17 October, 2011, 09:32:16 pm »
thankyou for the reply it was most helpful but it was pretty much what i thought i would have to do i dont suppose ill have much luck finding a chamberlain back to front loader wrecked but i suppose stranger things have happened i think they called theit loaders a r1250 loader if i could find one of these wrecked i would be a much happier bloke

wee-allis

« Reply #5 on: 18 October, 2011, 08:06:55 am »
Hi internut, Been following this post but just found out that you have fitted a 318 Dodge and the reverse rotation of the original gearbox has caused your problem.

Just a thought, many marine conversions used a reverse rotation engine for twin engine instalations. They have a reverse rotation camshaft fitted to cause the engine to go the wrong way. If you talk to a marine centre you may find what you need. Of cause you need the starter motor to suit. The fan also would need some attention.

As I said, just a thought, but it might be an easier way out than finding a wrecked front wheel drive 9G. Regards, Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

inter nut

« Reply #6 on: 18 October, 2011, 09:15:07 pm »
OK THANKS I WILL GIVE IT A GO AS IM RUNNING OUT OF OPTIONS SO IL TRY ANYTHING TO MAKE THIS WORK

ianoz

« Reply #7 on: 18 October, 2011, 09:36:43 pm »
Hi Internut , I had a look on Construction hub .Wagaratta Machinery sales list a Chamberlain  loader and a domino 11 ,which i think should be a reverse drive massey ferguson . Also Roy Story at Blacksoil ,near Ipswich ,would be worth a try as well . Ian .

inter nut

« Reply #8 on: 27 October, 2011, 07:53:06 pm »
hi ian thanks for the info i have sent an email and spoke to them on the phone just waiting for the return phonecall regarding the price and if he has one that is suitable but it all looks promising

ianoz

« Reply #9 on: 27 October, 2011, 11:06:55 pm »
Best of luck with the part finding mission .Don't forget to keep us up to date on how its all going .

inter nut

« Reply #10 on: 06 November, 2011, 08:37:10 pm »
hi all the guys got back to me from wangaratta machinery but with no luck even though there is one listed on the website they dont have one so back to square one does anyone have a number for roy story of blacksoil near ipswich

ianoz

« Reply #11 on: 08 November, 2011, 01:07:52 am »
Hi mate , Roy Story phone number is 0732017333 .
Also Saida pty ltd  0732015099 '  Hopefully one of them can help .

inter nut

« Reply #12 on: 04 December, 2011, 09:24:31 pm »
hi all just an update on how the project is going i have decided to use the original chamberlain gearbox and bellhousing but use the bellhousing and clutch off the chrysler engine and join both bellhousings together and use the input shaft out of the chrysler gearbox and an old clutch centre from a chamberlain tractor to make a connecting shaft between the engine and the gearbox this will all work fine and will be a whole lot easier than trying to convert the diff to a reverse diff as i have found that these are really hard to come by  but will keep you updated  as the project continues