Author Topic: How to advice  (Read 15204 times)

jayvee

How to advice
« on: 18 December, 2008, 08:06:25 pm »
Testing
« Last Edit: 31 December, 2008, 09:10:57 am by Tomms Chris »

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Re: Testing
« Reply #1 on: 26 December, 2008, 08:32:51 pm »
Just trying somthing for the people who are going to ask on the new forum

The first button is bold and this is what you get when click on that button
[b ] @ [/b ]
The @  is where the flashing curser is on your screen and if you type in the word ENGINES
This is what it looks like [b ] ENGINES [b ] but when you post it looks like this
ENGINES no [b ] s will appear

So if you want ‘bold and colour’ this is what you get
[b ][ color=red] @  [/color] [/b ] and again you type the word ENGINE where the @  is the flashing curser on your screen
This is what will appear on your post
ENGINES

And if you want to use multiple buttons for one word this is what it looks like,

[b ][I ][u ][size=10pt ] @ [/size ][/u ][/ i][/b ] 

Again the word ENGINES goes where the @ is which is a flashing curser on your screen
This is what will apear on your post

ENGINES

« Last Edit: 31 December, 2008, 09:11:16 am by Tomms Chris »
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Posting a photo & changing text advise
« Reply #2 on: 26 December, 2008, 09:38:18 pm »

If you want to post a picture the easiest way at the moment is in the reply screen on the left bottom outside the text box you will see a heading
Additional Options click on this and up will come
                                                Notify me of replies 
                                                Return to this Topic
                                                Don’t use simileys
ATTACH                                          BROWSE  (more attachments)

Click on BROWSE this will bring up all your files on your computer, find your picture file and the picture you want and click on the picture then click on open in that screen and a code will appear between ATTACH and BROWSE  kept in mind there is a size limit 512kb and only 4 per post
Then click on POST

Your picture will appear as below as a thumbnail with a code under the picture
By clicking on the thumbnail the picture will go to full size on this screen and by clicking the picture again it will go back to a thumbnail also by clicking on the code under the thumbnail the picture will go to full size in a new screen (this might depend on what programs you are using) 

You can also post a word document the same way as below this could be handy

To use the button INSET IMAGE you need to be a member of sites like PHOTOBUCKET and many others not sure if all will work you also need to know how to copy and paste the picture code from these sites 
This was a problem on Aimoo people were pasting too much of the code from Photobucket as below

[IMG}http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/rustycross_2007/FarmPumper01.gif[/IMG}

remove [IMG} from the ends so it looks like as below now it will now work as a link to photo site

http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/rustycross_2007/FarmPumper01.gif

If you want a full size picture with your post use the INSET IMAGE button this will appear [img ]@[/img ] If you put the above code at @ a flashing curser on your screen the whole picture will appear in your post when you post
Ian

Try these below as per above instructions
« Last Edit: 31 December, 2008, 09:20:07 am by Tomms Chris »
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE