Author Topic: chamberlain champion 9g  (Read 4982 times)

inter nut

chamberlain champion 9g
« on: 10 September, 2011, 05:05:57 pm »
hi all i know most of you probably wont approve of what i'm doing but i have  always wanted one
i'm currently putting another engine into one of chamberlain champion 9g tractors i'm putting a Chrysler 318 v8 into it but here lies my problem as i don't really want to stuff around getting bellhousings made to fit the original gearbox behind the 318 i using the 4 speed truck gearbox that is currently behind the engine but because the original gearbox reverses the output {ie clockwise as sitting on the tractor}  and the truck gearbox does not do this which means 4 reverses and one Foward gear  i either need to attach another 1:1 ratio gearbox one gear above the other  in between the truck gearbox and the range attached to the diff to reverse the output  but room is limited
or is it possible to swap the crown wheel to the other side of the diff to make it run the other way any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated 
collector of tractors engines and maker of engines from scrap metal and various old engine parts located at young nsw

Combustor

Re: chamberlain champion 9g
« Reply #1 on: 10 September, 2011, 08:11:28 pm »
       Hello Inter nut,
                       Chamberlain's rear end loaders and various cranes etc, based on 9G industrial tractors were reverse drive, with the diff unit assembled transposed L to R, or was it R to L, to acheive the opposite rotation. Have never done one myself, but sure someone here has a Chamberlain manual with diff setting instructions. Should not be a problem, as long as the diff can hang together when you are performing those wheelstands!  Combustor.
Old Iron On The New Frontier, Kimberley, WA.  Toys include:Ruston 3VQBN,Lister VA SOM plant,
R&T 8hp CF, Chamberlain Canelander.