Author Topic: Rollin Motor Cars  (Read 5468 times)

coupe34

Rollin Motor Cars
« on: 18 January, 2013, 07:43:58 pm »
Hi All

The retirement project, one of many, is a 1925 Rollin these cars where built by Rollin White. Vehicles that in one way or another fell under the White banner where Celtrac, White Steamer, Diamond Reo, White Freightliner, Rollin, Oliver, Western Star. The Rollin car was built in 1924 and 1925. Some enthusiasts claim that about 7000 where produced but chassis numbers in the 8000's have turned up. The down fall of the car was two fold. Too European in its styling for the U.S market and they had a habit of throwing con rods that where made of alloy at a time when the car makes didn't have a good understanding of alloy for internal engine use.

Any way enough about the car, not a lot of them  survived and I am in need of a diff or to simply make contact with other Rollin owners.

Thanks

Grum

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Re: Rollin Motor Cars
« Reply #1 on: 18 January, 2013, 08:19:48 pm »
Hi Grum
The web says 1924-1926 is this what yours looks like
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

coupe34

« Reply #2 on: 19 January, 2013, 10:26:32 am »
Hi

Yes that's what they look like, if I am not mistaken that particular car is in Sweden. Hopefully one day the retirement project that I have tucked away will look something like that. I recently sourced quite a few parts from out of the mountains around Cooma a couple of motors and body panels most of the panels are in a pretty sad state. One of the motors has had rod through the block but never the less quite a lot of small hard to get bits and pieces. Unfortunately the part that I need a diff centre was among the parts.

Thanks

Grum

27willys

« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2016, 10:07:59 am »
I came across this ROLLIN for sale on Grays yesterday but could not join your forum in time to let you know
It may be a lead to find a diff for yours
It was sold to a person in Richmond NSW

Maybe able to look up one of the car clubs in the area