Author Topic: looking for a small tractor for my hobby farm  (Read 3231 times)

roseberry

• deception bay and roma queensland
looking for a small tractor for my hobby farm
« on: 16 April, 2014, 08:49:31 pm »
i being looking at a small tractor for my farm , what are peoples thoughts on a 25d david brown about a 1957 model diesel , are they any good , can I buy parts for them easly , do they have diff lock , looking at the one on gumtree with the implaments with it for 3000 ,is that a good price  , are the brakes good on this model , look forward to you input and answers , or does any one on here have one they would sell , also want a roatory hoe and slasher  cheers phil mt kilcoy

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: looking for a small tractor for my hobby farm
« Reply #1 on: 17 April, 2014, 02:13:22 pm »
Hi Roseberry,
We have a Cropmaster 30c kero / petrol David Brown. It does not have a diff lock you can only use the hand operated hand brakes to stop wheel slippage, in the case of a 25D you would be able to split your foot brake pedal to achieve the same thing. Parts are tricky for ours but there is a guy up Tamworth / Armidale way who is very helpful. I think that $3k is at the top end of the price range so it will need to be a good one. I am a DB lover but for a small tractor that has a good availability of parts the grey fergie could not be passed by and are every where for sale in a similar price range.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

22A

« Reply #2 on: 23 April, 2014, 08:33:22 am »
 An A414  International is a very good small tractor. 

allisb

« Reply #3 on: 23 April, 2014, 10:17:12 am »
Any of the range from those little inters are good strong tractors. I have a 434 which pulls above it's weight.
A B
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

Heelerau

« Reply #4 on: 24 April, 2014, 07:12:00 am »
 Mate as someone else has said, a TEA Furgy would be a good thing, parts readily available and will outlast these aisian  tractors

oliver52

« Reply #5 on: 25 April, 2014, 07:43:05 am »
Don't limit yourself to a small tractor,a big tractor can do a small job as well as a big job but a small tractor can only do a small job.I am speaking from experience, I have a 32 year old 78 hp tractor my neighbour has a 10 year old 25 hp tractor he always says' I wish I could get my work done as quick as you!' For $3000 you should be able to pick something bigger.
You can't have too many tractors