Author Topic: Farmpumper with seial number of 16888  (Read 16697 times)

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
Re: Farmpumper with seial number of 16888
« Reply #45 on: 05 September, 2014, 06:46:37 am »
Hello Bill.
How nice is that?? Well done.

A good thing about that combination is it is light and easy to move about. Having the pump on it just adds that extra element.
Are you planning on setting up the pump so it works?

Cheers then
Scott

billmine

« Reply #46 on: 05 September, 2014, 07:51:47 am »
No Scott - not at this stage as I feel at my age  to take a drum (of sorts) to a meet is far more than I feel that I am capable of - rather take another engine - the next time a Champion, hit and miss horizontal engine.
Bill

billmine

« Reply #47 on: 15 September, 2014, 03:03:09 pm »
Well - Pine Rivers Meet is now over - getting to it another story - I blew a outside tyre on my camper and was stuck with little run off on the side of the Bruce Highway- both the ute and camper were still on he white line - any further to the left and I would have rolled down - 1.5 hours and 4 phone calls before help - Traffic Responce when they came were good - tow truck loaded camper and took it to safe spot for a tyre change - did not feel safe or comfortable waiting.

I must thank Don read and Son Eric for their response with the engine - on Sunday morning Don told me that 16888 was not a pumper so he and his son after using any and everything, came up with a another number 15898.and a number on the fuel inlet pipe.35273.

Don rang last night to tell me that numbers between15657 and 15902 were "BLANK"  on his records but 15903 was recorded as 3/4/1941 so therefore my engine must have been built by Roseberry and sold through Buzacoot, Brisbane at a short time before that. The number on the fuel inlet was recorded as 20th Nov 1947 so this piece must have been fitted at some other time.

The 1,2, 3 numbers on the fuel indicator are Roseberry numbers - another piece of info is that Buzacott made engines and pumps and they were sold with identification numbers of 323, 324 and 325 - these numbers denoted the size of pump capacity - my system I do not know what number refers to it but the piping is 1 inch and 1.75 inch (this later reduced to 1.25  at the extreme end of piping.

Without having positive identification the engine look like a Buzacott Engine and pump combination and was made early in 1941.

The engine run for both days without stopping - except for petrol refill and was greatly admired by all and a number spoke about the time frame turn around from a wreck to running at a MEET in 3 months.

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #48 on: 16 September, 2014, 06:27:11 pm »
The early Buzacott and Rosebery had the word cast onto the flywheel
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

billmine

« Reply #49 on: 16 September, 2014, 06:31:28 pm »
ian, when you say early - how early - the dates etc I put up were the ones that Don gave me - if not correct I am still on the hunt for info.

Bill

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #50 on: 16 September, 2014, 07:08:08 pm »
Hi Bill
Don't have dates but the numbers are

Buzacott 2270
Rosebery 1113

The first number for Rosebery looks more like a 'one' not a 'seven'
Ian 
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

billmine

« Reply #51 on: 17 September, 2014, 06:44:20 am »
Thanks - maybe I did not write down exactly what Don said - he kept referring to my numbers as Roseberry and sold at a Buzacott Outlet - I always thought that Roseberry Buzacot Engines were "as one".

The main thing is that it run beautifully and was much admired by all interested onlookers - it certainly will go to many future rallies.

Bill

billmine

« Reply #52 on: 17 September, 2014, 03:03:03 pm »
The only info about the pumper left to tell is that as it was part of the deceased estate of Aussie Fischer, Member of Brisbane Club  - he passed away at 93 years.

I made mention of the previous owner for all to see on my displayed records and progress photos at the meeting - a number of people knew him.

Aussie must have had quite a collection - some, I saw the day I picked up my engine - do hope they went to other collectors and not sold for scrap.

Bill

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #53 on: 19 September, 2014, 05:12:41 pm »
Our Farm Pumper - Buzacott was dated as being early 1929 but it does not have any name/s on the flywheel. This does not mean it is the original flywheel either so maybe it should have one on it. All I do know is that these little backward running engines are great fun and just love running all day.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

billmine

« Reply #54 on: 20 September, 2014, 09:02:40 am »
Thanks - I have 4 hit and miss engines and love them all -feel sorry for my other engines as I seem to favour them for meetings

Bill