Author Topic: Vulcan Trucks  (Read 5235 times)

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Vulcan Trucks
« on: 05 July, 2014, 08:36:21 pm »
Vulcan trucks models 1924
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Re: Vulcan Trucks
« Reply #1 on: 05 July, 2014, 08:37:03 pm »
Vulcan trucks models 1924
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

wee-allis

« Reply #2 on: 07 July, 2014, 07:55:36 am »

Hi Rusty,

Seeing that old "Dunny can" carrier in the first picture sure takes me back.  We were so glad to see one when the local council included our street for collection. Prior to that we had to bury our own. Bit like dogs I suppose.
Cheers, Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

tanksmate

« Reply #3 on: 26 July, 2014, 09:34:35 pm »
Hey WeeAllis   I know how you feel about, " burying your own ",  been there done that,  But I never got to identify the make of truck he had.  Cheers  John

tanksmate

« Reply #4 on: 28 July, 2014, 08:11:40 am »
Hi All,  having further memories, when I was 6 years old (1946 ) I lived in the Melbourne suburb of Kew,  There was a wildlife park at Balwyn or somewhere, not too far from the end of the Tram Line just past Kew. We would get off the Tram and get on one of these type Buses for the rests of the trip to the Park. There was also horse drawn passenger vehicles there as well. It takes a while to remember back 68 years but there was quite a few of these big old Trucks about in those days.   Cheers, John

listerboy

« Reply #5 on: 02 August, 2014, 01:19:28 pm »
I am another old bloke (76) who remembers the Balwyn Wild Life sanctuary.

My aunt lived above Moran & Cato's grocers shop on the corner of Whitehorse & Union Roads and when we were kids we used to watch the horse drawn drags as they were called waiting for passengers off the tram.

I think the sanctuary was run by a Mr Fleay who went on to run a similar place on the Gold Coast in Queensland