Author Topic: Grey fergy banana loader  (Read 5549 times)

Acco1982

Grey fergy banana loader
« on: 22 November, 2014, 06:32:12 pm »
Hi just wondering what an operational early fergy banana loader price would be it is not the tube type loader it is a fabricated arm

GreyFergy101

Re: Grey fergy banana loader
« Reply #1 on: 28 November, 2014, 11:48:23 pm »
When you say banana loader, are you referring to the actual "banana loader" aka MUE 40 High Lift Manure Loader?

GreyFergy101

« Reply #2 on: 03 December, 2014, 11:21:24 pm »
Would be hard to put a price on it. I payed $2800.00 for my MUE40 Banana Loader on a tractor. However it was a bargain, as it had the inbuilt reduction gearbox, 12.4's and mechanically tight as a nut. I have extensively scoured the internet's every "nook and cranny" trying to locate other banana loaders in Australia. I know of others in Australia, however I am as of yet to see pictures of them. The best I could find was a mention of a "banana loader" at a local show in NSW. However I have seen two Ferguson loaders, one a Horndraulic and the other a tubular type sell on eBay, listed as "banana loaders", thus determining an actual banana loader let alone pricing one requires photos, as there seems to be misconceptions in Australia regarding the original, more (if I dare say) "iconic" loader, of which the nickname "banana loader" was first used upon. In the U.K they are easy to locate and I have observed prices from a mere few hundred dollars to $1000.00 for a unit in varying states. To place an accurate figure on such an uncommon implement in Australia would be difficult as they would seem to rarely come up for sale and thus ascertaining a reasonable average of their price is difficult. I have always been of the understanding that the original MUE40 "Banana Loader" was quite a desirable Ferguson implement in Australia, due to talks with individuals. However I stand to be corrected, I guess I could try mine on eBay to "test the waters", but it might sell.... Wish I could be of more help!

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 04 December, 2014, 02:01:33 pm »
Is it possible to see a picture of this 'banana loader'? I have heard of them but never seen one.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

GreyFergy101

« Reply #4 on: 04 December, 2014, 04:42:01 pm »
Not sure if you are requesting Acco's, however here is an original photo. There are plenty of photos of them on Google images under "banana loader".

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #5 on: 06 December, 2014, 04:40:35 pm »
Can see why they get that name !
Thanks for posting the pic.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

GreyFergy101

« Reply #6 on: 06 December, 2014, 05:14:10 pm »
Hehe no problem. Thats right, you can see how this is the 'banana loader', all the other forms of fergie loaders were actually inferior to this and weren't the "true" banana loader, as in lower heights, smaller weights, and as far as I understand the banana loader was the only one that you could take off in 2 minutes, add another 10 on with the darn fiddling due to uneven ground... The MUE40 can lift half a ton to 11ft, and unlike most original makes of fergie loaders, the MUE40 has a third ram for loader implement tilting etc, or in the case of manure forks, pushed the rear backing plate forward to force the "muck" off the forks. Surprisingly light loader, is constructed of 2 pressed steel sections welded together, when I collected my non running MUE40 banana loader I thought it would be quite a job lifting the arms to lock in position for trailer transport, however 2 blokes could easily lift the loader up, on the tractor that is. Cheers!