Author Topic: Chapman Pup  (Read 5624 times)

AUSDOK

Chapman Pup
« on: 11 December, 2014, 09:34:46 pm »
Hi a friend  has just acquired a 2 cylinder 9 hp Chapman pup, and would like to have some information about it. A manual would be good and I will be happy to pay for copying and postage. We will need both cylinders as they are toast. if any body has any to sell or be able to point us in the right direction it would be appreciated. cheers Ausdok

Kim S

Re: Chapman Pup
« Reply #1 on: 13 December, 2014, 12:43:09 am »
Brett Jacobs was or still is Building the engines and has the parts, at least in the last couple of years?
and the owner of the company, last I heard he was in Gloucester NSW, hope this helps.

Kim.

AUSDOK

« Reply #2 on: 13 December, 2014, 10:09:23 pm »
Thanks for the lead Kim ,I will pass on the information to my friend. cheers Rudy

PERRYG

• Stationery, Marine, Outboards and Steam
« Reply #3 on: 15 February, 2015, 04:37:53 pm »
Plough Book Sales sell copies of the operating manuals for the Blaxland Chapman engines, I have copies myself somewhere if you don't have any luck. As for cylinders I hope the last reply helps you to locate some as most old small marine engines have suffered the same fate with water jackets rusted solid frozen and broken away, so finding good used ones that aren't part of a good engine would be very unlikely I'd think. If the cylinder itself is ok, then the outer jacket can sometimes be repaired adequately for a static display or running without any load as cooling flow will be poor.
Outboards, Marine, Stationery and Steam - Gawler SA

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #4 on: 16 February, 2015, 04:15:09 pm »
Any sort of luck this Bret Jacobs might be at the Gloucester Show next month. We are taking one of our tractors over so it will be interesting to see if he is there.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AUSDOK

« Reply #5 on: 24 April, 2015, 06:34:18 am »
Hi Further to my last post ,my friend has been selling parts of the engine on Ebay as the body and head where unrecoverable. But I have bought a engine myself that is a SXT 3 1/2 hp with a serial number of 8545. The engine is complete with gearbox and prop. Does anybody know what year this engine would be . Cheers Rudy