Author Topic: Affiliation with the NHMA  (Read 11886 times)

winchester

Affiliation with the NHMA
« on: 24 May, 2015, 10:12:51 am »
A question for club members .Is your club affiliated with the National Historical Machinery Association [ NHMA]?
Does your club have a insurance policy  underwriter that is not endorsed by the NHMA?

If the latter is the case does this stop your club from being affiliated with the national body?

HardWorkingMan

Re: Affiliation with the NHMA
« Reply #1 on: 25 May, 2015, 08:43:31 pm »
My engine club is affiliated with and insured via NHMA

winchester

« Reply #2 on: 25 May, 2015, 10:08:18 pm »
Thanks Hardworking Man for your reply ...............I guess what i am trying to find is can a club have an insurance policy that is not through the NHMA and still be affiliated .......assuming the terms of the policy meet with the NHMA approval?

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #3 on: 26 May, 2015, 07:48:58 am »
Hello.
To answer your question about the NHMA I'd ring them direct and ask for an answer that's straight from the horses mouth, so to speak.
I have found them extremely helpful and easy to converse with. My question was answered very quickly and clearly with a solution to my problem nutted out in about 45 seconds.
I just wished my club was as easy to get along with.

Cheers Scott

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #4 on: 26 May, 2015, 08:53:43 am »
A club can have it own insurance and still be part of NHMA the Callide Dawson culb at Biloela have been doing it for years and have held NHMA nationally rallies & Queenslad Heritage rallies and the next Queensland Heritage is going to be there in other words you can have your own insurance
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

winchester

« Reply #5 on: 26 May, 2015, 12:23:06 pm »
Thanks for your replies ...........I will try and contact NHMA and ask the question. I have heard that our club  is not eligable to affiliate with the NHMA . I am sure this is not correct but I want to be absolutely sure before I raise the matter at our AGM. I feel that it is vitaly important that we are affiliated . That aside I do belong to another club that is affiliated.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #6 on: 29 May, 2015, 04:22:12 pm »
Our Club is covered by Oxley Insurance Brokers  and I thing our Club is affiliated with the NHMA
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

winchester

« Reply #7 on: 30 May, 2015, 06:14:37 pm »
Thanks Cobbadog ..........I think that there are a lot of clubs that carry their own insurance ,that is they have arranged it themselves and it is not the endorsed NHMA underwriter . I just want to be sure about this .If there are any other club secs out there who can comment?

dingo

« Reply #8 on: 02 June, 2015, 06:44:40 pm »
Hi
I ask why do you think it is important to affiliate with the NHMA? .What benefits do you get other than being eligible to run a national .

winchester

« Reply #9 on: 02 June, 2015, 11:25:08 pm »
Dingo to answer your question , firstly if I wish to show an engine or whatever at a rally that is being held by a club other than mine and that club is affiliated with the NHMA this could present a problem . That being the insurance cover that I have may not be acceptable to the NHMA,  there fore that club has every right to exclude me from the rally.
Secondly ,the NHMA has a set of guidlines that the affiliated clubs should adhere to ..........these may be at odds with the guidelines that my club has . A standard set of guide lines or rules is the best solution .
As a point of interest I belong to two clubs ,my insurance is through the non affiliated club ,the other club is affiliated and I have no insurance through them.

dingo

« Reply #10 on: 03 June, 2015, 03:39:37 pm »
HI
 If your club has appropriate cover but not affiliated with the NHMA the NHMA cannot refuse you or any none affiliated club entry to any rally ,This was so at the recent Ballarat Rally with a none affiliated club , this club also attended the national in Tassie. They must provide an area for you to display in. You will find that this is a bitter topic for the NHMA 

rustyengines

« Reply #11 on: 03 June, 2015, 07:28:06 pm »
The National rally at Mudgee was for everybody NHMA or Not and if you did not have insurance you could buy it for the display
The National rally at  Biloela was for all clubs NHMA or not but you had to provide insurance details
This is how it is worded below
Ian

winchester

« Reply #12 on: 03 June, 2015, 10:44:43 pm »
Thank you Ian ,yes that is how I understand it in the case of a National Rally . Surely there must be some benifits for a club to be affiliated with the NHMA..........I suppose there is insurance and there is insurance ! Which is the best will never be known until a claim is succesfuly made!

rustyengines

« Reply #13 on: 04 June, 2015, 09:24:15 am »
With insurance you can do a deal, you have to work out how many hours a year you are going to have machinery running at a public display, my local club is looking at it and we think we would only need about 60hrs of insurance cover per year
Ian

winchester

« Reply #14 on: 04 June, 2015, 09:40:10 am »
With insurance you can do a deal, you have to work out how many hours a year you are going to have machinery running at a public display, my local club is looking at it and we think we would only need about 60hrs of insurance cover per year
Ian
That's interesting Ian but would it be worth it?  Compared to other insurance policies the sort of premium we pay is '' peanuts''.
With insurance cover if there is a way out the underwriter will find it , your 60 hours would have to be strictly adhered to!!!
I think a premium of $15  covers you for a year............60 hours would't cover the paperwork.