Author Topic: Howdy  (Read 10333 times)

AusAnzani

Re: Howdy
« Reply #15 on: 03 September, 2015, 02:57:53 pm »
Thanks Chester, Scott & Patrick. Believe it or not that resto was completed over three 10-14 hour days. Wife was busy with work, so there were no distractions/interruptions.

It all went down something like this:

Day 1. Disassemble, strip old paint, remove rust & corrosion, clean parts, fill dents, remake all gaskets.

Day 2. Sand filler and spot fill, prime all parts to be painted, clean & polish other parts, decarbonize piton & rings, clean (light hone) bore, clean crank case and lubricate, apply top coats, apply clear coat.

Day 3. Finish rebuilding carb and throttle, finish cleaning and polishing unpainted parts & reassemble.

It did however take me 3 weeks to reproduce the decals, so it’s fair to say the resto took 3 weeks to complete. 

Scott, that carb is definitely an AMECO as used on Seamaster and Seasprite outboards. The key choke is a nice touch! Not sure what your plans are for it, but suspect Chester will be on to you about that soon.

Regards,

andyh7722

Re: Howdy
« Reply #16 on: 06 September, 2016, 10:13:47 pm »
Hi AusAnzani

I can't tell you how excited I was last night to find your Gold Cheetah on the internet!
I have just been given one and would like to source some parts/ knowledge etc. Having thoroughly read all your posts both here and elsewhere I can see you're the man!
There are lots of parts missing, original tiller and carry handle, the end lamination that clips over the ignition coil and the recoil starter..... and that's before i've stripped it down!

Also wondering if you could and would produce/sell one of your beautiful decals?

I want to restore it and hand it back to the chap who gave it to me. It was his fathers motor and he always wanteded to restore it. A recent bout of severe depression has left him with no motivation for his many projects and is clearing the decks as it were. I would love to do this just to see his face when it's at least shiny like yours when i give it back to him.

Without your posts and information I would never have identified it so for that at least thank you!

Andy