Author Topic: engine identitiy  (Read 15273 times)

winchester

Re: engine identitiy
« Reply #30 on: 08 December, 2015, 12:08:23 am »
I have done a little bit of work on this inboard/outboard engine .We know now that it was used by REG CRAFT boat builders .They used the Victa Tiger engine .......dont know much about who made the ''Leg''

winchester

« Reply #31 on: 08 December, 2015, 09:31:06 am »
 The ''Leg''

AusAnzani

« Reply #32 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:51:06 am »
Looking good Peter,

More from Croweater below.

Article covers, Sydney to Newcastle sea trials and strongly implies the I/O was a Reg Craft product. In my humble opinion, that would increase the rarity ie as manufactured numbers would be much smaller than say and outboard or I/O unit produced for, and made available to the masses. The article also shows a more typical Victa Tiger engine, and refers to the option of a water-cooled engine, presumably Hurricane.

And finally an advert with some pricing, which highlights the fact that the I/O unit could be ordered as complete or leg only. I think is also great to know/have.

The above adds quite a bit to what we already knew.

Hope you enjoy.

Regards,

winchester

« Reply #33 on: 08 December, 2015, 11:10:33 pm »
Thank you for that very informative article . I would not fancy going out through the ''Heads'' in those small boats , there would not have been much freeboard . I'll post the next stage soon.. There is a part of the recoil starter missing , I will find out what it is . I think it is a cup that attaches to the top of the flywheel and is engaged when the ''fingers'' of the recoil starter come out .

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #34 on: 09 December, 2015, 04:19:47 pm »
You might find that it is the same as the Victa 18.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

winchester

« Reply #35 on: 10 December, 2015, 11:33:44 pm »
Thanks Cobbadog .........I've been through those parts ,it is not the same however I'll have word with my local  lawn mower people ,they may have something that will do.

AusAnzani

« Reply #36 on: 12 October, 2016, 02:58:54 pm »
G'day Peter,

How are you progressing with your Regcraft?

A couple more have shown up on the eastern seaboard in the last month or so.

Regards,
Spiro

winchester

« Reply #37 on: 12 October, 2016, 08:53:24 pm »
Hi Spiro ......it's on the bench waiting to be finished ,had a few other things to do . I've been thinking how to display it . Have you seen the others ?

AusAnzani

« Reply #38 on: 12 October, 2016, 11:11:20 pm »
Hi Spiro ......it's on the bench waiting to be finished ,had a few other things to do . I've been thinking how to display it . Have you seen the others ?

Yes mate, same as yours. Check your pm's.

I think the only way to display one of those is to mock up a transom and assemble as it would be installed.

Regards
Spiro