Author Topic: Stuart Turner P55MR  (Read 22282 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Stuart Turner P55MR
« Reply #60 on: 18 April, 2016, 05:04:49 pm »
The Pommies love those high offset domed pistons don't they? Villiers used a similar style as well. You are making great progress with this now. Great work.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AusAnzani

« Reply #61 on: 26 April, 2016, 05:37:24 pm »
Gearbox has been coupled to the engine. It engages forward and reverse and transitions through neutral along the way. Reverse and back to neutral requires additional force albeit that the eccentric at the base of the control column has been adjusted for optimum performance in accordance with the manual. I suspect cause to be lack of oil in the gearbox, however until the sump plugs are polished and fitted and the gearbox has been correctly filled with SAE30, I won’t know for sure. Excuse the image quality.

Next step will be sourcing alternative head gasket material (I don’t want to use copper again), making the head gasket and fitting the cylinders/expansion chamber and head.

I’m in absolutely no rush to complete, as there are many other projects to keep me busy in the meantime.

Regards,
Spiro

AusAnzani

« Reply #62 on: 09 May, 2016, 11:19:09 am »
Another small step forward with the Stuart over the weekend.

The original plan was not to proceed to this stage before all the brass dome nuts etc had been properly polished and clear coated, but I’ve been struggling with motivation to do that.

So the plan now is to pick up some more BSF nuts and washer during the week and use those to temporarily replace the brass dome nuts until the polishing of those has been completed.

PS: Gasket material chosen is 1mm thick Klingersil C4430 rated at approx. 430C and bedded down Locktite 515. Not the easiest of materials to work with and clearly over the top for this application, but I’m happy with it.

Regards,
S 

magnetono59

« Reply #63 on: 11 July, 2017, 10:27:49 pm »
Hi AusAnzani I am restoring a Stuart p5 and I find this post very interesting. Is there any possibility of getting the photos as they would be most helpful to me.

AusAnzani

« Reply #64 on: 12 July, 2017, 02:40:32 pm »
Hello magnetono59,

Please check your private messages,

For the benefit of other TOMM forum members, Photobucket has recently changed its terms, and is now demanding between US$99 and US$399 for third party linking, a service it has provided free of charge since it was first conceived. As a result, all images stored on Photobucket servers and linked to forums such as this have been replaced with a message that reads 'Update Account' or similar.

The pictures are still on the Photobucket servers and can be downloaded without too much difficulty. After downloading however, I would suggest you leave your photos on Photobucket. Should Photobucket respond to the backlash (google Photobucket Ransom) and continue to provide the free service, all pics will automatically reappear on the forums ie as and where they were originally placed.

For further information, google Photobucket Ransom.

Regards,
Spiro