Author Topic: Clae Fisherman 6  (Read 11317 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Clae Fisherman 6
« Reply #15 on: 17 April, 2016, 02:23:31 pm »
What beautiful boats they both are. I bet Scott still had the complete set up as in his picture, boat n car which is possibly an FE Holden.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #16 on: 17 April, 2016, 02:45:46 pm »
I bet Scott still had the complete set up as in his picture, boat n car which is possibly an FE Holden.
I can only wish....... :'(

Oldcast

« Reply #17 on: 17 April, 2016, 04:52:57 pm »
Hi,I have a seventeen foot putt putt build date approx 1945 in good condition,nearly finished restoration,fitted with a olds marine engine made in Maryborough ,motor. Has been reconditioned,brand new stainless shaft,new packing glands,complete with original brass propeller.finished the outside ,inside ready for paint beautiful boat I purchased off a mate for $600 ,should finished it in a couple of months.

Ian R

« Reply #18 on: 17 April, 2016, 07:28:09 pm »
Oldcast, would love to see that.

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #19 on: 18 April, 2016, 05:15:36 am »
Oldcast, would love to see that.
Hello all
Me too!!
I love old boats. Sadly ours are all too new with the oldest made 1971 and fibreglass.  :-[
Cheers Scott

AusAnzani

« Reply #20 on: 20 April, 2016, 01:09:38 pm »
How are you going with your carby Ian? Have you got the float sorted yet?

If still no good afterwards, keep an eye on ebay. They come up fairly regularly, typical asking price $60-$80. Search by name or vintage carburetter, brass carburetter, stationary engine carburetter etc etc.

Have seen some at recent swap meets also, similar price range.

Regards,

Kim S

« Reply #21 on: 21 April, 2016, 09:18:04 am »
Hardman & Hall in Seven Hills who still sell the Simplex engines have the floats, made in a synthetic now in a few sizes , Alpha D or Schebler  around $70.

Ian R

« Reply #22 on: 24 April, 2016, 05:27:30 pm »
Thanks everyone, I haven't worked it out yet but i am experimenting with a couple of things. I will try to get in touch with Hardman & Hall and see what they have as well.

I will stay on the Forum and let you know how I get on.

Ian

Ian R

« Reply #23 on: 27 April, 2016, 06:22:05 pm »
Hi everyone, I have been experimenting with some stuff to make a new float for the carby. It is the foam stuff the you get from the packing around TV'S when they are in a box.

I have had some in petrol now for a week and it still floats and hasn't broken down. I have formed a float and fitted it, will try it out soon, watch this space.

Ian

winchester

« Reply #24 on: 27 April, 2016, 10:22:45 pm »
Polystyrene will actualy disolve in petrol,what you need is poly urathane ,they use it to  shape  the blanks for surfboards ,get a bit from a surf board shaper. carve  your float and coat it with fibre glass resin.

Ian R

« Reply #25 on: 02 May, 2016, 02:52:45 pm »
Well the old Clae Fisherman 6 is still being a bitch. Dried out the float cork and dipped it in resin and it floats again, put it all back together and still can't get it to fire up. Just fires once then back fires through the carby. Ready to put a match to the old girl. :-\

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #26 on: 02 May, 2016, 05:16:50 pm »
Sounds like spark or timing now. Does it have an impulse on the magneto?
If so is it working. Double check your timing and condition of the spark.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Ian R

« Reply #27 on: 02 May, 2016, 05:44:25 pm »
Don't know how to do either of those things and finding it hard to locate anyone in the area.

AusAnzani

« Reply #28 on: 03 May, 2016, 05:27:06 pm »
Hi Ian, stupid question I know but do you have a manual or know where you can get a hold of one?

I've just tried a quick Google for you and have lucked out with that.

But I really think you need to get a hold of one as carburettor settings and how to time properly will be covered in that.

Regards,
S

Ian R

« Reply #29 on: 31 May, 2016, 03:30:45 pm »
Hi everyone, it has been a while but i finally got the old girl to start. I had to dry out the cork float and then re seal it with resin. Then fiddle with the air valve until it fired. Finally gave her a squirt of start ya bastard, and away she went. Will put her in the water next week and she how long she goes for. Will try and post a video.