Author Topic: Generator load  (Read 5727 times)

steeleye

• Gladstone Qld. Just north of Benaraby
Generator load
« on: 24 July, 2016, 03:13:24 pm »
 ;) This should put a bit of a load on my 32 volt Generator. Charles and Gary wont know what hit them !!!
Keepum burnin an turnin

steeleye

Re: Generator load
« Reply #1 on: 24 July, 2016, 03:14:42 pm »
Oh I forgot .....30 volt 200 watts.
Keepum burnin an turnin

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #2 on: 24 July, 2016, 05:31:07 pm »
Geez Phill. I'm glad your going to put it on your genny. The battery wouldn't last long.
Has the bulb got a GES screw bit on the back like a 150W-240V spotlight bulb?

Cheers Scott

steeleye

« Reply #3 on: 24 July, 2016, 05:41:42 pm »
Gday Scott. Nah mate. Just has 2 screw terminals on the back to attach the wires to. It's an ex railway locomotive headlight sealed beam unit. I believe you already know what Gary is,but can you hazard a guess as to what Charles is? The name is a hint!...........cheers Phil
Keepum burnin an turnin

steeleye

« Reply #4 on: 26 July, 2016, 09:05:40 pm »
 Gday all.    Link to Charles running this afternoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6gpV34dXI
Keepum burnin an turnin

Scott

« Reply #5 on: 27 July, 2016, 06:59:23 am »
I believe you already know what Gary is,but can you hazard a guess as to what Charles is? The name is a hint!...........cheers Phil
Hello Phil,
Well Gary the Cooper (XD Cooper or is he a XC? I forget sorry) and Charles the Delco (obviously seeing the previous post had a picture of him).
Charlie runs quite nicely Phil. I have never seen one in person and I would like to one day.
I have a question though as my brain is pretty slow in this cold. How did you come up with Charles for the Delco?

Cheers then
Scott
PS: your lawn needs mowing.

steeleye

« Reply #6 on: 27 July, 2016, 09:50:51 pm »
Gday all.    Link to Charles running this afternoon
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vD6gpV34dXI
Gary is an XD and Charles Kettering of the Dayton Engineering Laboratory Company DELCO invented the modern automobile electrical and ignition system of battery,starter motor,generator,hi-voltage coil,switch(points), and electric lights... The first cars to use this system was Cadillac in 1912. He also invented acrylic lacquer auto motive paints for Dupont(hence Duco) , tetra ethyl lead for petrol , the electric cash register for NCR and the humidy crib for premature born babies along with many other things. Google Charles Kettering or the history of DELCO for some interesting reading. The DELCO engine runs with a battery ,coil and points which he invented so I thought it it was quite appropriate to call it Charles or Charlie.........cheers Phil
Keepum burnin an turnin

Scott

« Reply #7 on: 28 July, 2016, 04:52:54 am »
Hello Phil,
Why thank you for the explanation. Quite a chap by the sounds of it. I hope Charlie II lives up to the name.

Cheers Scott