Author Topic: South Coast Restoration Society rally this week-end  (Read 7121 times)

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
South Coast Restoration Society rally this week-end
« on: 28 July, 2016, 06:18:54 am »
Hello all
Don't forget the South Coast Restoration Society annual rally is on this coming week-end at Pimpama on Brisbane's southside (or is it Gold Coast's northside?).

Who's going?

Cheers Scott

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: South Coast Restoration Society rally this week-end
« Reply #1 on: 28 July, 2016, 05:28:42 pm »
I was only just reading the ad for this Rally today in the June issue of the oily rag. First thought was both you and Rudy. Hope it is a great weekend and you have a lot of fun and that many people come and visit and be entertained as it is certainly another great venue to hold such an outing. Say Hi to Rudy and the others for me Scott.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Scott

« Reply #2 on: 30 July, 2016, 06:21:51 pm »
Hope it is a great weekend and you have a lot of fun and that many people come and visit and be entertained as it is certainly another great venue to hold such an outing.
Hello all
So far the rally is a corker Cobba. I have met lots of new people and learnt so much. I started to go and get some tucker about midday and I got to the shop at about 3. Not bad for a 100m walk. I don't think I could walk 10m without having  a chinwag with someone.  :-\      I think I put my poor old nana to shame in the chinwag department today.

There is so much to see and the variety of engines is incredible. Usually you get a few types of engines, like the Ronny N or Lister D etc, doubled up, but at this rally the most common engines are Barlow's. There's about 5 of the little buggers here.  ;D
I must remember to get the camera out tomorrow.

Cheers then
Scott

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 31 July, 2016, 04:48:47 pm »
I always ask Dee if her and her sister ever run out of words to say when they are together and I always seem to get a funny look. Look forward to the pics when you get time. Did you end up getting the place under the tree you were hoping for?

m type

« Reply #4 on: 31 July, 2016, 07:34:50 pm »
Hi Scott
Are you comming down to the rusty iron this year?
Engines Ihc m type 1 1/2, 3, 6, 10hp, famous 4,6,10hp bental's 4hp, 9hp, 4hp Waterloo boy, 2hp fealding and platt, and some others.tractors farmalls f12,3xH's, AM, McCormick 10-20, case c, sex, dex, 15-27 cross motor, 15-25 L rumely, 18-36 hart parr, cletrac ad, tea furgy.

Scott

« Reply #5 on: 01 August, 2016, 11:07:59 am »
Look forward to the pics when you get time. Did you end up getting the place under the tree you were hoping for?
Hello Cobba
I've just been through and sorted some out. When I get home (Wednesday) I'll upload a heap, put up a link for them and post a few pictures that think made the week-end for me.

I GOT THE SPOT!!!!!!! Turning up Friday morning helped a bit I think  ;D

Admittedly, I have not been to too many rallies. But this one was the best I've ever attended. And that was even before the club shockingly, pleasantly, and totally expectantly, blew me away at the end of the rally.

I'm seeing a surgeon tomorrow Cam, so I can only take things as they come at the moment. But hopefully, yes.

Cheers then
Scott

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #6 on: 01 August, 2016, 04:59:50 pm »
Glad to hear that it was a great success for both you and the Club. Hope all goes well at the Quacks so that you can show up at the R.I.R.
I am busy at the moment building a project that I have promised to do for a couple of years and I think this is still going to be a close race as to whether I get it finished or not. Top Secret, can't say anything at the moment.

Scott

« Reply #7 on: 03 August, 2016, 12:52:20 pm »
Hello all
Here is a link to a heap of pictures taken over the week-end. They're only pictures from the engine compounds as I couldn't get down to the other fields.
Also a few pictures of things I enjoyed over the week-end

Cheers Scott
Album: https://goo.gl/photos/TCViuXYmSJW7rha78

bigmoot

« Reply #8 on: 03 August, 2016, 02:54:40 pm »
thanks heaps scott regards bigmoot.
hawkesbury n.s.w   hornsbys/listers/associated/triumph/sundexs/
sundial/fairbanks z 's/condor/inter m's/ronnys/nuffield tractor/howard 2000/southern cross's.

allisb

« Reply #9 on: 03 August, 2016, 07:21:42 pm »
Hello Scott, great pics there mate. Well done.
We only just got back from the NT, so had no chance of getting there, but I reckon I'll be looking out for it next year. Looks like a great rally.
Rx
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #10 on: 05 August, 2016, 05:31:11 pm »
Brilliant stuff Scott. I notice on the portable steam engine that on the rear wheel is a pin for attaching something but what? On a loco it usually has an arm going to another wheel. Any clues from the steam buffs?

ianoz

« Reply #11 on: 06 August, 2016, 12:33:45 am »
Great Scott!!! Mate any wonder you had a good time  Looks like a great show .
Thank you for sharing the photos .
fowler vf,david brown 30td,cat D24U,D47U,D47J,D46U,R4,D68U IH TD9,TD6 and many more
 Benaraby Central Queensland

Scott

« Reply #12 on: 08 August, 2016, 06:15:37 am »
Looks like a great show .
Hello all.
It was a great week-end. If anybody says they did not enjoy themselves, then they're hard to please. I can only see this rally getting bigger and bigger. The people are super friendly, the rally grounds/engine compounds are very well set out and the comfortable camping ground is very close to the engine compounds. It was a very relaxing week-end to tell you the truth.

I know I'll be back next year. We're already working on a different display for an engine.

Oi Cobba. Brilliant minds think alike. In the album on the web, there should be a close up picture of that pin. I was going to ask..but I forgot.  :-[

Cheers Scott

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #13 on: 08 August, 2016, 09:26:15 am »
Can't think of how it could drive anything while on the run except maybe an oiler but that would be over the top driving it from there.

AndrewOC

« Reply #14 on: 11 August, 2016, 09:11:01 pm »
Hi cobbadog and all. I think the pin is pulled out to just wind a cable or chain on a drum that is inboard of the wheel... I think that is what I've seen ;)
Andrew.
Andrew O'C
Sydney