Author Topic: Ford 520 Baler  (Read 5285 times)

Mr Fitz

Ford 520 Baler
« on: 22 October, 2016, 09:30:09 pm »
Hi All 
Just joined your Forum and needing a bit of assistance
last week end I purchased a Ford 520 baler 14-270 serial 2455 (same as Introducing Bob by Scott), my baler has a broken bale needle and in need of a replacement . been surfing the net all week but finding it hard to pick up information were i my get a replacement .
i have herd that some New Holland needles fit but i don't have the information as to the model .
would appreciate any assistance regarding model numbers or contacts where i may purchase replacements 
regards
Mr Fitz

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Ford 520 Baler
« Reply #1 on: 23 October, 2016, 02:54:55 pm »
Welcome to the forum Mr Fitz. No doubt Scotty will be able to answer your question when he gets back from searching every property in a 1000klm radius. Hope you get the part your after.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #2 on: 23 October, 2016, 07:48:26 pm »
 ;Dsearching every property in a 1000klm radius. ;D
That's great miss me by about 400k, I'm safe
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #3 on: 24 October, 2016, 07:27:19 am »
Hello Mr Fitz
Don't take any notice of these jokers. It's not every property. Only properties larger then 1/4 acre.  And I haven't been looking lately. Been too busy trying to find the caravan that was in the shed a year or so ago. ;)

But anyways......Great find. Ford balers are not that common and they're a good little baler. Any pictures????
The 520 has a huge feature other balers of the day did not have. A safety clutch. Oh.....research Ford 150 baler as well. Same baler.

Parts should be available from your New Holland tractor dealer and now that your armed with a part number will make it easier.
Needles for that baler should be 106864. They may not be available but, if the parts guy is good, they should be able to find an alternative.
If New Holland is no success, try AGCO dealers.

If you have all the bits of your needle, they can be fixed up. They should not have much load placed upon them and a repair should last.
After the needle is fixed then you have the knotters to work out. I hope your patient by nature. Make sure everything is free of old grease and make sure all works freely.
I did have a book here on them but I left in an old printer when I was making a copy for someone else. I forgot about it and the printer got thrown out. I have to remember who it was I made a copy for.

Anyways, here's a parts diagram thingo and below is some other good information
http://partstore.agriculture.newholland.com/us/parts-search.html#epc::mr58451ag4281046
http://www.yesterdaystractors.com/cgi-bin/viewit.cgi?bd=implment&th=176363

Cheers Scott

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #4 on: 25 October, 2016, 07:23:23 pm »
Hello all
It's been a great couple of days finding stuff.
I found the caravan and a couple of Ford baler books. PM me your email Mr Fitz.

Cheers Scott

Mr Fitz

« Reply #5 on: 07 January, 2017, 08:12:26 pm »
Hello Gents
sorry it has been awhile
thank you for the information i will be going to my nearest dealer to see if he is able to track a needle for me , unfortunately i don't have the broken bits so i need to get a new one .
i cant believe that it was way back in October that i joined the forum and asked for any information, since then i have been flat out with work
i am a truck driver i kart stock food and grains only so leading up to and during harvest i have been vary busy , first time i have sat down and had a look on the forum since then and as you may have guessed i have not touched the baler i will be getting to it in the next few weeks .
i bought myself a hay rake the other week (still have to pick it up) it is an International A21-3 side delivery roll bar rack in vary good condition and a Massey Ferguson chisel plough  ( one of the advantages of delivering to farms is you find a lot of gear)
I will take some photos and post them in the next couple of days and Scott i will forward you my email.
i am almost set for lucerne  production just have to sort out the mower part , I have a 5 foot slasher and a friend of mine said if i change the blades that it would be good for hay  any ideas         

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #6 on: 08 January, 2017, 02:24:17 pm »
Good news Mr Fritz. Try sending Scotty a PM (private message ) clicking on his name and the options will come up to send him a PM. In the mean time Scotty might send you one if you have been able to sort the PM thing out. Look forward to seeing some pics but they will need to be compressed a bit to be posted on the site.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.