Author Topic: Bombala Rally  (Read 3422 times)

John 54

Bombala Rally
« on: 15 November, 2016, 02:34:29 pm »
What a great rally, very friendly, lots of  interesting equipment. From the collection of equipment used on the Snowy Mountain scheme including the mighty Thornycroft Antar and International crawlers, the a collection of Detroit diesels including 53, 71,92 and a 110 series engines, to many  interesting engines, tractors including a good number of crawlers, trucks and a couple of steam exhibits. Thanks to the team at Bombala for a great weekend.
Regards John
John

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
Re: Bombala Rally
« Reply #1 on: 15 November, 2016, 03:05:48 pm »
Yes it was a good rally, especially since the forecast rain stayed away.....shame the wind didn't.
Here's a few pics I took.....
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #2 on: 15 November, 2016, 03:08:47 pm »
Some more.
Can only post 4 at a time.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 15 November, 2016, 04:51:31 pm »
Brilliant pics and thanks for posting. I do like those little Allis Chalmers and would also like a David Brown DB2 to go with it. There are some clever people about using sewing machines as a base for a tractor, well done.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #4 on: 15 November, 2016, 05:31:58 pm »
There are some clever people about using sewing machines as a base for a tractor, well done.
Hello all
Yes, thanks so much for the pictures. It seems as though the event was low key which can be a good thing I reckon.
The Singfield tractor is brilliant. I got a great little chuckle when I saw that. Simply brilliant idea. I will have to remember it when we have to build a mailbox for our farm.

Cheers Scott

isandian

• McDonalds forever!
    • cobah cast iron
« Reply #5 on: 25 November, 2016, 03:38:01 pm »
With my interest in Thornycroft, I have yet to see an Antar in the flesh. Great to see it on display.
The Antars used by SMH were scrapped on completion of the scheme, this one imported since and all credit to its owner.
Ian

John 54

« Reply #6 on: 25 November, 2016, 03:55:29 pm »
Hi Ian
The owner of the Antar does have the grill of one of the two Antars used on the SMH.
Regards John
John

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #7 on: 25 November, 2016, 04:05:16 pm »
More pis of the Antar,
Rob

isandian

• McDonalds forever!
    • cobah cast iron
« Reply #8 on: 22 January, 2017, 05:51:49 pm »
Only just saw the pics of the Antar - what a brilliant vehicle! I see it's on historic plates, was it driven up from Cooma? I imagine its width would pose some problems on the road.
Ian