Author Topic: Hello from Canada  (Read 3812 times)

Fordsonguy

Hello from Canada
« on: 20 January, 2017, 04:00:22 am »
Hello to all Members

Just joined as new member from Alberta Canada. I am active in the vintage machinery and tractors here in Canada since retiring ten years ago. My main interest is in the British built fordson and Fergusons and also stationary engines Listers Bamfords Petters etc.
My wife and I are planning a trip to Australia for the last week in Feb and first week in Mar this year and mainly touring the south and east coasts. Wondering if someone could let us know what events are happening at that time. This will be our first trip so everything is all New
Bye for now Terry & Linda Hanlon

allisb

Re: Hello from Canada
« Reply #1 on: 20 January, 2017, 06:48:55 am »
Welcome Terry, not only to this forum but to this great country as well.

We trust you'll enjoy visiting both places.

it's a shame you will miss Allora, and the Toowoomba Swapmeet. But there still plenty of places to visit and things to see here.
Have to rush off to work, but hopefully some others will be able to give you some dates and places for possible visits.
Cheers
Rx
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

allisb

« Reply #2 on: 22 January, 2017, 08:47:24 am »
Sorry, Terry.
I thought others would have chimed in. I've been away since my last posting and this is first chance to check.

Have a look at the following, if you haven't found it already,

http://www.tomm.net.au/events.php

If I can come up with anything else, I'll let you know.

Cheers
Rx
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

wee-allis

« Reply #3 on: 23 January, 2017, 01:00:21 pm »

Hi Terry,

Firstly, welcome to both the Forum and to Aus when you get here. As for some ideas as to what's on, check our club web site at www.matma.weebly.com and go to the Down the Track page for a list of rallies and shows on.  The list is not a complete list of what's on this year, but is fairly comprehensive and was up dated this very morning.

Hope you find something of interest, both on the site and when you and your bride arrive.

Cheers,
Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

ince

« Reply #4 on: 24 January, 2017, 02:08:58 am »
Gidday, Terry

Welcome, and I trust you have a memorable trip, both of you.  We live in Nort Eastern Victoria, on the Hume Freeway which links Melbourne and Sydney.  We are 110 km, about 75 miles from Melbourne.  If we are on your route, we'd love you to call in.  There a few things of interest around here, including a couple of Versatile tractors, just to make you homesick!  My email is inces@icloud.com

David