Author Topic: David Brown 880 steering  (Read 2311 times)

ince

David Brown 880 steering
« on: 26 February, 2017, 04:58:58 am »
I have borrowed a David Brown 880 with manual steering, and the ball race worm drive assembly on the lower end of the steering column has collapsed.

Has anyone got a parts book and could send me a picture of that assembly, please?

Thanking you, in anticipation.

David

ince

Re: David Brown 880 steering
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2017, 08:10:23 am »
I have found a MF 35 Service Manual that shows what I need.  Apparently, while the housings are different, the shaft and components are identical.

Stop looking everybody!

David

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #2 on: 27 February, 2017, 05:27:45 pm »
Sorry for the delay in reply but there are a few people that sell D.B spares and Max French in Tamworth is one. If he doesn't have the part he is hard to get a firm price out of but he is a part of the David Brown Tractor Club of Australia and is also listed on their list as a technical advisor.
If you would like to know more about the DBTCA send me a PM with an email and I can send you a copy of the latest DB newsletter.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

ince

« Reply #3 on: 27 February, 2017, 09:14:15 pm »
Thank you for your reply, John.  I have now ordered the parts I think I need, following a conversation with Hugh, the Registrar of the DBTCTA, and then realising that I had originally ordered the bearing kit for the top of the steering column, not the worm drive at the bottom of the shaft.  I am looking forward to receiving the correct parts!

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #4 on: 28 February, 2017, 05:23:29 pm »
Good to hear that you are now back on track. I have only sent Hugh some details of our Cropmasters and haven't spoken to him as yet. Bill Hudswell is another GEM of a bloke with a heap of information stuck inside of his head. Have briefly spoken with Robyn Cole too and she also is just brilliant.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.