Author Topic: McDonald Imperial Super Diesel  (Read 3156 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: McDonald Imperial Super Diesel
« Reply #75 on: 18 May, 2020, 04:05:22 pm »
So as I am waiting for parts and my head keeps jumping from one job to another this was play time for today. Straight from the "why not" department and it will come in handy later on for the air cleaner that I have to make. Never tried doing this before and for a first attempt it is ok so this will be it, rough n ready. Tried a few ways to get the little punch to work and in the end I simply cut the sheet metal with the 1mm cutting disc then introduced the punch while holding the sheet metal in place with some flat bar iron and clamps.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #76 on: 22 May, 2020, 04:15:04 pm »
To continue with the "have a go ya mug" attitude and after being inspired by Ian Rowsal of Custom Garage I decide to have a go at this today. Found a couple of pieces of timber and cut the shape out then made a sheet metal sandwich and used a hammer to dress the edge over to make the lid. It surprised me that it worked so this is my new lid and tomorrow I will attach it to the louvre sided section I made the other day.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #77 on: 23 May, 2020, 03:37:38 pm »
Rough enough is good enough for this old engine. I made the centre mounting shaft then soldered the top onto the cylinder and this is how it ended up.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #78 on: 27 May, 2020, 03:42:51 pm »
Cleaned up the outside of a paint thinners tin to use as the fuel tank. I think it is about 1 litre bigger than standard so it is a long range fuel cell now. I have strengthened the bottom where the tap will go in and made up the mounting brackets to the hopper.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #79 on: 29 May, 2020, 04:24:35 pm »
Cam gear is home and I started to linish it to shape.