Author Topic: Belliss and Morcom  (Read 5593 times)

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Belliss and Morcom
« on: 02 April, 2010, 04:38:11 pm »
Belliss and Morcom
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

bug1929

Re: Belliss and Morcom
« Reply #1 on: 25 October, 2012, 08:17:26 am »
Yes I own a 1911 Belliss and Morcom Steam it's a steam engine of 36 BHP at 600 RPM stands 6 Foot 8 Inches tall.

riggles

« Reply #2 on: 25 October, 2012, 10:27:26 pm »
G'day all Riggles here,
There is one of thease steam engines out the back of where i work. It has been restored but not run as they cannot generate the amount of steam required to work it. It is a Bellis and Morcom self lubricating steam engine.
Cheers Riggles

woodyarmourer

« Reply #3 on: 18 March, 2013, 07:49:38 pm »
i am trying to find out more about these engines as well, any info about them would be great, i have recently found where one is.
where are you riggles?

riggles

« Reply #4 on: 22 March, 2013, 08:38:33 pm »
G'day all Riggles here
Yes mate i am in Bauple QLD, but i work in Maryborough just up the road a little bit. Please PM me at indyridgeley@gmail.com and i can give you further help.
Cheers Riggles

oceans15

• rust is a must - Brisbane
« Reply #5 on: 22 March, 2013, 09:31:19 pm »
there is one of those brand steam engines (coupled to an alternator with exciter generator or something like that) at petrie - it stands around 9' tall and i think it does still turn if steam is applied. I could get some specs if interested -
Piston pumps, Australs and Diesel Ronnies - Inboard Marine engines - Eatons Hill - Qld

oceans15

« Reply #6 on: 24 March, 2013, 11:44:04 pm »
Had a quick read of the sign on it - says it is a compound steam engine and the Crompton alternator is 415volt - puts out around 400kva @ 375rpm and consumes 500hp. I will find out if it still works or at least turns at next steam day.
Piston pumps, Australs and Diesel Ronnies - Inboard Marine engines - Eatons Hill - Qld

oceans15

« Reply #7 on: 24 May, 2013, 01:23:32 pm »
Oh yeah - it does go! And makes quite a deep sound with a truckload of steam coming out of the exhaust!! Very impressive and got the most attention over the weekend...