Author Topic: WELCOME  (Read 9191 times)

jayvee

WELCOME
« on: 31 December, 2008, 09:55:12 am »
To those New, Old & "Those who are part of the Scenery" of TOMM Forums
 Welcome to the new Forum. Please take the time to familiarise yourself.  For the "computer challenged" it will take some time to get used to.  If you are having difficulties mastering this site, please ask for help.  Other users may be able to help to get you through it.
 Please DON'T promote negativity if you are having "computer" problems, otherwise we may well end up losing this valuable resource in helping fellow restores within our hobby.

"Rusty engines" (Ian) has put some info up ( elsewhere on this Forum site, under a different heading) on how to post pics, etc to help.  Plese refer to this to help understand the who, what, when, where etc.
Further info (to help understand/get you through this) is available by clicking on the Help button above.  (HOME-HELP-SEARCH-PROFILE-MY MESSAGES-CALENDER-MEMBERS-LOGOUT   menu bar).

For those who use Photobucket etc, posting a pic can be done by using the Insert Image button (2 left, bottom row)
For those without, use the + Additional Options feature & Browse.

Looking  forward to enjoying and sharing future topics of discussion with you all.

Best wishes, jayvee

P.S.  LOOK!  NO ADVERTS!
« Last Edit: 31 December, 2008, 10:06:12 am by jayvee »

ADMIN

• Administrator
    • The Old Machinery Magazine
Re: WELCOME
« Reply #1 on: 31 December, 2008, 10:38:52 am »
Thanks Jayvee.... We went live a little early!!
Rustys advice is now under Forum User Guide. Where I will be submitting and moving any advice for forum users to contain it at one location for all to use.

Yes no ads... How good is that!

HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jayvee

« Reply #2 on: 31 December, 2008, 10:48:43 am »
 To Chris & all at TOMM

Congratulations on the new site and a job WELL DONE.  I hope that other readers enjoy it also.
 And to ALL readers, I have played no role in the layout and/or content of this web site.

Welcome aboard Ian.

Best wishes, jayvee
« Last Edit: 31 December, 2008, 10:52:46 am by jayvee »

Eric Schulz

« Reply #3 on: 31 December, 2008, 10:58:21 am »
Contrary to what some people thought, the new forum has arrived!

Thanks, TOMM, for an ad-free forum.

Eric

jayvee

« Reply #4 on: 31 December, 2008, 11:01:56 am »
  Welcome Eric,
As always, look forward to your input & enjoying your wealth of knowledge & experience. Jayvee

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #5 on: 31 December, 2008, 05:15:22 pm »
Hi Eric, Jayvee and all at TOMM
I see you put my version of how to use in, did you check it out first? it looked ok to me I was waitting for the forum to be up and running before checking it out again and posting
Well done TOMM
Eric and Jayvee the next few weeks are going to interesting with all the new/old members asking for help
Ian 
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

interpigs

« Reply #6 on: 31 December, 2008, 05:23:14 pm »
HELLO ALL , GOOD TO SEE THE NEW FORUM UP AND RUNNING , I HOPE TO POST SOME PICS LATER . EVERYONE HAVE A GOOD  AND SAFE NEW-YEAR FROM INTERPIGS   
ADRIAN AT TALBOT VIC

Teddy

« Reply #7 on: 01 January, 2009, 06:22:25 am »
Hello all and a Happy New Year to everyone

Congratulations TOMM on th new Forum. I understand that TOMM organised some testing of the system, and we should thank those involved for ironing out glitches that may have been there.

A very busy time here, I look forward to getting back and involved as the work and other issues ease off. And yes, it's nice not to be pestered by unwanted and irrelevant ads. Well done TOMM and all.

Teddy
Still learning.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #8 on: 01 January, 2009, 08:49:14 am »
Thank you jayvee for the welcome and Happy New Year to you all.
I would also like to thank TOMM for the efforts they have made in getting this new forum up and running. WELL DONE TOMM.
All the very best of luck to the new forum....I for one, look forward to it.
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

oldcranker

• Beaudesert, Qld.
« Reply #9 on: 01 January, 2009, 09:27:23 am »
Hi all, what a great start to 2009, a brand new forum.

Thanks TOMM.

BK
BK

Nothing like a good crank

AUSDOK

« Reply #10 on: 01 January, 2009, 09:57:32 am »
It is good to see some of the regulars again.All the best to the new Forum and may we all enjoy the tremendous amount of work done by the team at Tomm. Well Done Rudy

hoarder1

• Livin' the high life in Warwick, Qld.
    • Click HERE to see some more of my pictures
« Reply #11 on: 01 January, 2009, 10:22:54 pm »
Hello to all those who've made the move over to this new forum.  Looks great and should encourage others to join in.
Happy New Year and happy collecting/restoring/rallying/researching (or just playing with your old junk).

Cheers,
Shayne.

PS- This is the first pic I've been able to post to TOMM forum for a LONG time.  I also noticed that the traction engine pic at the top of the forum pages is one of mine that was used as a centrefold in the magazine a while back.  Happy to see that. 
« Last Edit: 01 January, 2009, 10:30:45 pm by hoarder1 »
Collector and fan of ye olde crappe. I collect old number plates.  Have you got any?  Send me a PM if you do.  :-)  I might even trade them for other old junk.

franco

« Reply #12 on: 01 January, 2009, 11:24:01 pm »
Thanks for the welcome jayvee, and thanks to TOMM for what appears to be a much more workable forum.

Frank (sednas from the old forum)
Cairns, Queensland