Author Topic: High pressure air compressors?  (Read 4277 times)

Billyboy

High pressure air compressors?
« on: 27 January, 2009, 12:42:19 pm »
Hi,
I am after some info on high pressure air compressors that would be capable of doing
200-350psi. Ive have looked around on a few sites allready but theres nothing over 185psi or 7-8 bar.

Cheers, Bill

jopeter

Re: High pressure air compressors?
« Reply #1 on: 27 January, 2009, 08:52:58 pm »
For that kind of pressure Bill you would normaly be looking at a multi stage compressor.The only one I have ever had any experience with was used for filling air tanks for diving.
You are gett into a danger zone with high pressure like that ......interested in what you intend doing with it.

RayF

« Reply #2 on: 27 January, 2009, 11:02:54 pm »
Do you need the pressure for starting a large engine? I have a 90 horse Blackstone I intend firing up and the manual says I need 250 psi to turn it. I have two compressor engines that will easily do it. One is a little Ruston twin cyl,one pot being the compressor and I also have an air cooled Petter. The hold up at present is a receiver that will handle the pressure.

Billyboy

« Reply #3 on: 28 January, 2009, 12:55:53 am »
Do you need the pressure for starting a large engine? I have a 90 horse Blackstone I intend firing up and the manual says I need 250 psi to turn it. I have two compressor engines that will easily do it. One is a little Ruston twin cyl,one pot being the compressor and I also have an air cooled Petter. The hold up at present is a receiver that will handle the pressure.

Yeah need to start a 53 hp Ruston, 180psi for charging.
after 1926 these engines need 250+ to get them going. 

Cheers, Bill