Author Topic: Toyota DA115.  (Read 21192 times)

ianoz

Re: Toyota DA115.
« Reply #15 on: 02 October, 2015, 08:00:47 pm »
Hey Sam , Ad says Wrecking ,But long as to much hasn't been already sold off it . Might be worth a phone call .
http://www.tradetrucks.com.au/detail/trucks/dismantling/toyota/da115/105373
fowler vf,david brown 30td,cat D24U,D47U,D47J,D46U,R4,D68U IH TD9,TD6 and many more
 Benaraby Central Queensland

cowman

« Reply #16 on: 04 October, 2015, 11:24:33 pm »
Hi Sam, Here in Maleny there is a 6000 series Toyota truck for sale. I believe it predates the one you are looking for- so I'm told. It hasn't been used for two years but I believe it  still goes. It belongs to the milk tanker driver who used to pick up from our farm. My mobile is 0498 049 463

allisb

« Reply #17 on: 05 October, 2015, 09:19:08 am »
We had a few of them in the NT where I worked. Were actually quite comfortable to drive, and were a good "bush truck". I remember some story about them being de rated at one stage, as to how much they could carry.
But my bigger memories are the cracked heads and blocks. And the regular overheating habits.
May be better in the southern states, but we spent a lot of money trying to keep them cool
A B
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

ADMIN

• Administrator
    • The Old Machinery Magazine
« Reply #18 on: 04 November, 2015, 12:56:34 pm »
Hi Sammie,
On the latest episode on TRUCKSTOP TV it features a Toyota DA115. It may not help locate parts or a truck for you but there is certainly some information you might find handy.

The site is:
http://truckstop.tv/

Vintage Trucks and Commercials Magazine also has a wanted section in the classifieds. Perhaps it would be worth putting an ad in.

Cheers TOMM Team

Combustor

« Reply #19 on: 05 November, 2015, 08:53:13 pm »
Hello Goldwingsgold,
                                Hunted through my stash and turned up a D.2D engine manual, appears complete and in tidy condition. Electrics section appears to cover engine only. Will send you a PM if you are interested. Regards,
       Combustor.
Old Iron On The New Frontier, Kimberley, WA.  Toys include:Ruston 3VQBN,Lister VA SOM plant,
R&T 8hp CF, Chamberlain Canelander.

Combustor

« Reply #20 on: 11 November, 2015, 09:18:47 pm »
           Just noticed that the request for a manual as under dates back over 3 years, but if anyone else needs a D.2D engine manual it is available for not much more than pack and post, so email or PM me to arrange it, regards,
          Combustor.
Old Iron On The New Frontier, Kimberley, WA.  Toys include:Ruston 3VQBN,Lister VA SOM plant,
R&T 8hp CF, Chamberlain Canelander.

J.P.N.

« Reply #21 on: 05 August, 2016, 05:56:19 pm »
           Just noticed that the request for a manual as under dates back over 3 years, but if anyone else needs a D.2D engine manual it is available for not much more than pack and post, so email or PM me to arrange it, regards,
          Combustor.
I am new to this forum but would be interested in manual as I am currently rebuilding one of these.
Regards Joe
Colector of old shit

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #22 on: 06 August, 2016, 04:17:18 pm »
This one was at this years Yesteryear Truck Show at Wauchope.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

J.P.N.

« Reply #23 on: 06 August, 2016, 06:31:00 pm »
Looks a whole lot prettier than mine at the moment but is a work in progress.
Will do the paint after I get the mechanics straightened out.
Cheers Joe
Colector of old shit