Author Topic: John Deere 214T baler  (Read 3633 times)

Acco1982

John Deere 214T baler
« on: 04 December, 2013, 09:12:06 pm »
Hi all my uncle is after parts for his John Deere 214T baler he has smashed the knotter and needles so he is after parts or one for wrecking and also Workshop manual I will try to attach a pic preferably in western Vic but I will pass on any details  any help would be appreciated

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
Re: John Deere 214T baler
« Reply #1 on: 05 December, 2013, 06:46:57 am »
Hello.
Try American sites. John Deere is American talk for brown dog.     Everyone has one.

The knotters may not be a problem as there are only a few types (2 or 3 if I remember) on all the brands of early balers but the needles may be.
How badly broken are the needles? They can be repaired if you find someone who can weld cast iron well.
Also (If my memory serves me correctly) the John Deere 14T will have the same needles and most probably many other John Deere balers.

What broke in the knotters? The bill hook and knife arm are the two soft spots in the knotter.

Did someone try to time the baler without the manual?

Cheers Scott

Acco1982

« Reply #2 on: 08 December, 2013, 10:33:44 pm »
thanks, my uncle is preferably after a mostly complete baler and from what I understand they are a European built baler not American. The damage was done mid paddock so its not a fact of miss timing it had a failure that caused the damage and knowing my uncle it isn't going to be able to be welded or he would have done it, cheers

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 09 December, 2013, 05:20:57 pm »
Timing can jump out in the middle of a paddock if there is a loose chain or similar. Make sure you check it
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.