Author Topic: Allora time again  (Read 14621 times)

m type

Allora time again
« on: 12 January, 2014, 08:25:27 pm »
Ok guys it's allora time again and I have put in a request for fine dry weather this year. So who is going I will be taking my 3hp Aussie built Hornsby 4hp lauson and a 1.5hp m type that will be for sale. Cam
Engines Ihc m type 1 1/2, 3, 6, 10hp, famous 4,6,10hp bental's 4hp, 9hp, 4hp Waterloo boy, 2hp fealding and platt, and some others.tractors farmalls f12,3xH's, AM, McCormick 10-20, case c, sex, dex, 15-27 cross motor, 15-25 L rumely, 18-36 hart parr, cletrac ad, tea furgy.

allisb

Re: Allora time again
« Reply #1 on: 12 January, 2014, 09:02:08 pm »
We will be there, if your request for fair weather is met! Not going through that again, had big problems last year.
Will have a couple of tractors there at this stage.

Let's hope it goes well for them this time!
A B
I spend most of my pay on old tractors and engines, I tend to waste the rest

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #2 on: 13 January, 2014, 06:37:49 am »
Hello all.
Yep. I'll be there this year. I joined the local club last week so all systems are go for my first outing.
I had a look in the shed just yesterday to see what can go over seeing the theme is Australian made and I also looked at the size of the trailer and thought what am I taking to this shindig. And then I thought maybe a couple of trips over to Allora is needed
I still don't know what I'll take over but I reckon Huey, Dewey and Louie (the Barlow's) are good contenders for a starting position and I think the little 2B Buzacott has a ticket in the trailer with a farm pumper or two. But that could all change as quick as lightning pending what I find and get going in the next week or so..
I will take some small engines over like the Mark 10 Villiers, Marino and a Howard. Hopefully the Reading chaff cutter will also get there.
The big Southern Cross's will stay at the farm. Just too hard to load at the moment.
Cheers Scott
PS: who is camping over?

tanksmate

« Reply #3 on: 13 January, 2014, 10:55:15 am »
Hey Scott,   you don't have to fill the Rally Ground on your own mate!!!   I just know you will have a great time, Sorry I can't get there myself
Cheers  John

Scott

« Reply #4 on: 13 January, 2014, 02:03:42 pm »
Hello John.
My theory is to take as many engines over as I possibly can. Someone there might feel sorry for me and fix them.

Cheers then
Scott

m type

« Reply #5 on: 13 January, 2014, 07:52:47 pm »
Hi Scott we will be camping in the horse stables with the engines again. We will around cooks cow somewhere you won't be able to miss us. Drop in and say hi if things are going well we will be there from Friday morning till Monday. Just a idea for you you could buy my m type all it needs is a clean up it runs great. Cam
Engines Ihc m type 1 1/2, 3, 6, 10hp, famous 4,6,10hp bental's 4hp, 9hp, 4hp Waterloo boy, 2hp fealding and platt, and some others.tractors farmalls f12,3xH's, AM, McCormick 10-20, case c, sex, dex, 15-27 cross motor, 15-25 L rumely, 18-36 hart parr, cletrac ad, tea furgy.

famous fitter

« Reply #6 on: 13 January, 2014, 09:36:50 pm »
Hi All, I will be going down to Allora on Friday morning ( to get a good spot under the stables somewhere) I am hoping to be taking a new project that has never been rallied, it still needs a lot of little stuff to be done but its a runner- all i will say is its a rare early (pre1920),American,4hp open crank horizontal and starts with "S"-so look out for that one!!!
Not sure what other animal will share the trailer maybe the 4 hp Famous? we shall see ... ,I hope the weather is kind as they have had a rough trot the last few years !! hope to catch up with a few of yas there
Cheers Justin       

hoarder1

• Livin' the high life in Warwick, Qld.
    • Click HERE to see some more of my pictures
« Reply #7 on: 14 January, 2014, 11:09:09 am »
I will be there, probably only as a spectator, but I might bring something along to sell at the swap meet.  The good weather has been booked for this year's event.  If anything, we will be whining about the heat which makes a nice change from the deluges of the last 3 years.  If you see a display of number plates somewhere, that'll most likely be me.
Collector and fan of ye olde crappe. I collect old number plates.  Have you got any?  Send me a PM if you do.  :-)  I might even trade them for other old junk.

Bundy Bear

• Queensland Tractor Spares
« Reply #8 on: 14 January, 2014, 04:29:21 pm »
Giving it a miss this year, might go camping close to home this year instead.
BB

allisb

« Reply #9 on: 14 January, 2014, 06:06:41 pm »
Hey Bear, watching the skies eh?
Cant say I blame you after last year.

Look forward to catching up again at some stage.
A B

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #10 on: 14 January, 2014, 07:41:53 pm »
Weather looking good so far
http://www.wunderground.com/q/locid:ASXX1543
Ian
No I won't be there
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

m type

« Reply #11 on: 15 January, 2014, 08:25:42 pm »
Hi guys hey justin it would be great if you bring your famous I am working one and need to get some pics and measurements of one. What no bear it won't be the same with out you we will have sippies for you. Cam

famous fitter

« Reply #12 on: 15 January, 2014, 10:03:46 pm »
Ok Cam - the Famous has a spot on the trailer, feel free to measure, pet,rub/polish any part of it you wish. Let me know if there is any particular part you need to copy as i have a couple in bits as well. P.S. still chasing a good gov side flywheel for a 6hp M....See you there Justin

Scott

« Reply #13 on: 24 January, 2014, 06:39:54 am »
Hello all.
It rained here all day yesterday but I think it's fining up for the week-end. There's lots of blue sky this morning.
The rain has done the place a world of good making the grass greener and has settled the dust. Hopefully it's only a possibility of showers in the afternoons in the next couple of days. It's definitely cooler.

Cheers Scott

allisb

« Reply #14 on: 24 January, 2014, 02:20:19 pm »
Was hoping to camp there, but will be an early start in the morning for me.
Keep an eye open for Lindi the Chamberlain.

A B