Author Topic: Radial engine/compressor  (Read 2781 times)

Combustor

Radial engine/compressor
« on: 08 July, 2015, 09:03:09 pm »
        Anyone i Northern NSW interested in an Ingersoll Rand 6 cyl aircooled radial compressor? Has 3 power cylinders and 3 compressor cylinders.
Spotted this in a junkyard photo on another site. No idea of price or condition, but am told the owner is a "bit of a hoarder" so things move a little slowly. Believe the item is in a yard at a location called Redhead, just South of Newcastle. Owner's name is Bruce, and phone is 4944 9060.
        A thread on a US site was lamenting the disappearance of these odd machines as they are now hard to find there. Perhaps we are luckier in Oz. Maybe someone knows the yard and could check it out. Too far away from me. and I am supposed to reduce my collection, not add to it.
        Combustor.
Old Iron On The New Frontier, Kimberley, WA.  Toys include:Ruston 3VQBN,Lister VA SOM plant,
R&T 8hp CF, Chamberlain Canelander.

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
Re: Radial engine/compressor
« Reply #1 on: 08 July, 2015, 09:40:55 pm »
I have seen these, Queensland Railway used them
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

jimbo

« Reply #2 on: 10 July, 2015, 06:46:58 pm »
Hi Combustor, I have a PDF of the manual if anybody wants a copy just send me you email address. These compressors are called "Spot Air" and I think railway gangs everywhere used to use them.

Jim

Keoughnick

« Reply #3 on: 01 January, 2020, 11:11:42 am »
Hi Jim,

Would we be able to grab a copy of the manual please? We have just picked up a 3-R-36 and we love to get it running.
Email Address is nick21189@hotmail.com

Regards
Nick

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #4 on: 06 January, 2020, 09:39:37 pm »
Glad the phone number matches up with the Redhead near Newcastle. We have one near Taree and it used to get mixed up with each other with 000 phone callers so now it has to be clarified which Redhead with a nearest cross street.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.