Author Topic: Triton water pump  (Read 11220 times)

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
Re: Triton water pump
« Reply #15 on: 07 November, 2016, 08:03:15 pm »
Hello Eric
Thanks for the input. I'm a bit surprised they'd go to so much trouble to make the slight variations just so they could sell a different brand of essentially the same pump.
Some of the minor cosmetic differences are a square label mount in between the oil filling spots on the Ajax instead of an oval on the Triton.
A priming port on the side of the Ajax as compared to the priming port on the inspection door on the Triton and a bit more cast iron just above the inlet.
They are only cosmetic differences, but the trouble that would have been involve to do those slight changes would have been considerable wouldn't they?
It could be compared to Holden making a Commodore, bunging a few different badges on it, shove a different radio and steering wheel in it and calling it a Toyota. Oh hang on. They did that didn't they.  :o

Cheers Scott

Eric Schulz

« Reply #16 on: 07 November, 2016, 10:05:23 pm »
Scot, I think I can see why you are having trouble understanding the Triton/Ajax pumps, you are using logic! There are a lot of things manufactured today that seem to defy logic. Ours is not to reason why!

Eric

harrone

« Reply #17 on: 18 November, 2016, 03:39:51 pm »
I picked up the top half of an Ajax Type T a while back. That is, the head with the two hinged oiling points with the cam shaft going through it and a nice set of 10 inch fast and loose pulleys. It still has the brass maker plate on it as well. Does anyone know where I might find a bottom half consisting of the piston, conrod, cylinder with attached pressure vessel body and base?
My main interest is water pumps but I do have 80 stationary engines

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #18 on: 18 November, 2016, 03:58:01 pm »
Hello matey
You may be pushing it a bit to find the bottom only I'd say. Between Ian (rustyengines) and myself, we've tallied about 5 1/3 of them to be known now.
But in saying that, you'd be amased at what pops up when you least expect it....and I truly hope the bottom does pop up one day.

Who else knows where one of these little suckers are hiding?

Cheers then
Scott

harrone

« Reply #19 on: 19 November, 2016, 08:48:11 am »
Here's what it looks like. It was on ebay described as a garden ornament in an obscure category.
My main interest is water pumps but I do have 80 stationary engines