Author Topic: Verity Outboard  (Read 9135 times)

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
Re: Verity Outboard
« Reply #15 on: 02 June, 2018, 07:12:55 am »
Hello all
It just goes to show you Spiro. You never know what's going to pop up at the least expected time.
I find this discovering all very exciting.

Cheers Scott

AusAnzani

« Reply #16 on: 05 June, 2018, 09:44:03 am »
Same Scott,

There are lots of interesting things out there, and all it takes is a bit of networking to track things down.

For example, we recently stumbled on to something very special. Cromac, another Australian Outboard Manufacturer from back in the day had produced a 4hp water-cooled unit that was maketed and sold for several years. They also developed a 10hp water-cooled unit that featured in one or two articles but never went in to production or released for sale. A few months back, we actually located the proto-type. It comprises as cast engine (completely unmachined) and raw fiberglass cowl (no gel-coat or paint). The mid-section and gearbox are also complete yet they are unpainted.

We believe the picture of the 10hp Cromac in Hunn's "The Old Outboard Book" is of the very same unit. I am yet to contact him however to confirm.

New thread and pictures on that as and when the present owner (not me unfortunately) is ready to share.

Regards,
Spiro

AusAnzani

« Reply #17 on: 27 July, 2018, 09:55:50 am »
Just thought I'd post something in an attempt to bring this marine section back to life lol.

These Verity outboards belong to my good friend Reg. I can only hope mine come up as nice when finished.

Earlier model (circa 1947) with the 2 piece cast aluminium tank.

Later model (circa 1950) with the pressed copper tank.

There are also several other more subtle differences between the two models.

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Regards,
Spiro

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #18 on: 27 July, 2018, 01:41:44 pm »
They do look nice Spiro. No doubt yours certainly will too going by your previous standards.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AusAnzani

« Reply #19 on: 30 July, 2018, 12:35:12 pm »
I think I have enough parts now to make at least two complete Verity outboards, maybe even three.

I've just got to get around to doing it lol.

Regards,

fargotruck

« Reply #20 on: 26 January, 2019, 05:55:34 pm »
Well finally got around to tracking down and photographing the patterns. Turned out I had four in total.
Marrickville NSW

fargotruck

« Reply #21 on: 26 January, 2019, 05:56:53 pm »
More photo's
Marrickville NSW

AusAnzani

« Reply #22 on: 04 February, 2019, 04:08:50 pm »
Well finally got around to tracking down and photographing the patterns. Turned out I had four in total.

Fantastic. If you ever contemplate selling those, I would be very interested to buy them.

Just finished doing a bunch more research and can say without hesitation the AV SALE Engineers got their design inspiration for VERITY from the American Neptune Muncie of the late 1930's.

Thanks again for sharing.

Kind Regards,
Spiro