Author Topic: WANTED VINTAGE TRUCK  (Read 7789 times)

bigmoot

WANTED VINTAGE TRUCK
« on: 10 May, 2017, 08:52:32 pm »
gday guys I am after a vintage truck like a Bedford / Austin / inter / or similar  but not a big truck please cheers regards bigmoot.
hawkesbury n.s.w   hornsbys/listers/associated/triumph/sundexs/
sundial/fairbanks z 's/condor/inter m's/ronnys/nuffield tractor/howard 2000/southern cross's.

Ian

Re: WANTED VINTAGE TRUCK
« Reply #1 on: 11 May, 2017, 08:33:10 am »
Hi,
One available in Tas.

Old vintage truck
$2,500
Dysart, Tasmania, Australia
J 5 bedford, late 1950s underbody hoist. Motor going....needs tyres and brakes and a tidy up.

1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #2 on: 11 May, 2017, 11:42:45 am »
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

bigmoot

« Reply #3 on: 11 May, 2017, 12:20:42 pm »
gday guys I am located in the Hawkesbury DISTRICT  nsw if that helps regards bigmoot.
sundial/fairbanks z 's/condor/inter m's/ronnys/nuffield tractor/howard 2000/southern cross's.

MikkyB

• The Virtue
« Reply #4 on: 03 August, 2018, 07:14:23 am »
Midways between Yass & Murrumbateman from the Barton highway an old truck can be seen in a paddock. Maybe 200yds from the road.
Been there quite some time i am guessing.appears to be Bedford from a distance. Tray estimated length would be 18ft.
If u like can send u a photo. Let me know

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #5 on: 03 August, 2018, 03:47:42 pm »
Are you after one that requires a lot of TLC or one ready for use? Also have a look on the HCVC - vintage truck site (www.hcvc.com.au/forum) they have a for sale section but sometimes it is worth putting up a thread as a WANTED. There are a bunch of good guys over there who are always happy to help.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

bigmoot

« Reply #6 on: 06 August, 2018, 06:21:35 am »
thanks cobbadog after some thing small to put a Richard Hornsby on the back to rally mate regards bigmoot.

rustyengines

« Reply #7 on: 06 August, 2018, 12:09:15 pm »
Hi Bigmoot
You will have to check with your state on what you can carry if registered as a vintage truck Even if on full rego you will most likely can't carry what the truck original did
Ian

bigmoot

« Reply #8 on: 06 August, 2018, 01:26:55 pm »
OK MATE CHEERS ITS ONLY A 3 HP SO NOT TO BIG REGARDS BIGMOOT.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #9 on: 06 August, 2018, 02:29:04 pm »
My understanding, and please check, but with "H" plated vehicles they now can carry what they were originally intended to carry, There has been many changes to H plates here lately and all for the better.
Will keep a lookout for a toy for you. The truck site covers all trucks not just the big ones.

bigmoot

« Reply #10 on: 06 August, 2018, 07:42:36 pm »
thank you mate .

wee-allis

« Reply #11 on: 06 August, 2018, 07:53:31 pm »

In NSW, what ever the GVM is as stated when the truck was built, is what it is legal to carry now. This covers both full rego and Historic Permit scheme as per the RMS latest documents.
Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

rustyengines

« Reply #12 on: 07 August, 2018, 08:14:38 am »
That is great, did know about the changes at least in one state it has always been and issue
Ian

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #13 on: 07 August, 2018, 03:37:35 pm »
There has been many changes to the H plates here in NSW and now you get 90 days per year to drive on the roads when before it was far less. You MUST be a fully paid up member of a Registered Club that is on the RMS list of approved providers of Club Rego and your in business.
So now in daylight hours on my tractor I can drive it anywhere and it is legal. I dont just take it out on the highway but keep to back roads and forest trails on treks and it is all legal.

wee-allis

« Reply #14 on: 07 August, 2018, 05:16:31 pm »

Whoa up there John.  The Historic vehicle permit on gives you 60 days not 90 and you must fill in the so called "Log Book" sheet each day you  take it out. However, as a bonus, any runs or events either organised by your club or by authorised accepted invitation from another club do not count in the 60 days.

Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.