Author Topic: Kelly & Lewis specs  (Read 4157 times)

Eric Schulz

Kelly & Lewis specs
« on: 16 August, 2017, 02:54:20 pm »
Putting together a list of engines built by Kelly & Lewis is not easy. I have factory literature on some of these engines, which is full of technical details, but the bore and stroke and hp are mostly not quoted. This wasn’t only a problem with KL either. Any help with providing bore, stroke and hp for any of these much appreciated. It will later on be published, so guesses are not good enough.

30 - 3 and 4 hp
3AO - 2.5 and 6 hp
HI
HJA
HK
HL
HR
Mk IV
MVA
VEA
VEB
VEC
VFA
VFB

Eric

Maleea

Re: Kelly & Lewis specs
« Reply #1 on: 27 February, 2018, 09:41:19 pm »
I have two Kelly and Lewis engines, one a VD diesel badged as Volunteer( 3 hp at 1000rpm No 7240) and a Petrol very similar to the diesel ( this located at another farm and can?t get any detail on it as yet)

Eric Schulz

« Reply #2 on: 06 November, 2018, 10:34:40 am »
Over 12 months has gone by and not one answer. I have learned that you cant use apostrophes on this forum, just look at my previous post.

One KL engine I have is a Mark IV. It looks like I should remove the cylinder head to find the bore and stroke. There has been a fair bit written about these engines, but no specs.

Any help appreciated.

Eric

rustyengines

• Townsville North Queensland
    • Southern Cross Register
« Reply #3 on: 06 November, 2018, 02:18:19 pm »
Eric you post is under 'Steam Engines" maybe why no body has replied
Ian
Southern Cross Engines, Lawn Mowers and old tools * TOWNSVILLE

Eric Schulz

« Reply #4 on: 06 November, 2018, 03:24:57 pm »
Thanks for the comment, Ian. I only noticed for the first time today that I had posted under the wrong category. Headings make no difference to me, as I just go to "View the most recent posts on the forum".

If some people are using categories, I might try Stationary engines.

Eric

Triumphline

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: 06 November, 2018, 06:23:22 pm »
I didn?t notice it either. I?ll try and move the thread. I tend to do the same as Eric and look at the recent posts rather than the categories.
Patrick
Patrick M Livingstone
The Austral Register
Sydney, NSW