Author Topic: Wood Gas Producers  (Read 1823 times)

BSTPS Inc

Wood Gas Producers
« on: 28 August, 2017, 07:02:09 pm »
Booleroo Steam & Traction are seeking operating information on Wood Gas Producers such as that pictured ‘Bulseye Wood Gas Producer’
Tips on how to get them working etc. We are wanting to get it up and running for our 2018 Rally. Direct Email: bstpsinc@gmail.com

franco

Re: Wood Gas Producers
« Reply #1 on: 29 August, 2017, 11:46:14 am »
There was an article in the SMH some time ago which gives some details of the starting procedure for the charcoal fuelled car gas producers used during WW2 which might be helpful:
http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/pumping-flash-gas-in-the-past/2005/07/05/1120329448498.html

If you Google wood gas and producer gas there is a lot of information, and You Tube has many short videos on starting and running tractors and road vehicles on wood (or producer) gas.

There was an earlier thread on this subject in the General section recently, but it did not produce much useful detailed information.

Frank.

Frank.
Cairns, Queensland

West Oz

« Reply #2 on: 18 January, 2021, 06:59:06 pm »
Back in the 1990s I was working as a Drill Mechanic way outback north of Leonora/Laverton. I came across a 1920s six cylinder motor and a gas producer laying next to it in the scrub. I thought to myself that there had to be a story attached to this lot!

winnock

« Reply #3 on: 18 January, 2021, 09:31:15 pm »
BSTPS Inc. Did you get your gas producer working for the 2018 Rally? If you still need information, I have an instruction book for a Pederick gas producer that my father had fitted to his car during the war. I have scanned the book so can email a copy. Also have instructions for the Ronaldson Tippett tractor gas producer.
Hugh
Diesel fuel injection equipment & vintage windmills.