Author Topic: ENFO major diesel tractor  (Read 9799 times)

AUSDOK

Re: ENFO major diesel tractor
« Reply #30 on: 30 March, 2018, 06:49:50 am »
Hopefully sort out the generator polarity first before we move on to the regulator, need to do a bit more research. Thanks Rudy

AUSDOK

« Reply #31 on: 25 May, 2018, 06:40:51 am »
Hi have got it running well looked at brakes major oil leaks and drums very badly worn ,we are looking for 2 usable brake drums if any body has any or know where they can be obtained. all help appreciated. Call me on 0439746732 if you can help. regards Rudy

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #32 on: 26 May, 2018, 01:40:09 pm »
Rudy with your brakes is it possible to machine them out a bit and even if they are oversized, it is on a tractor and a company that bonds linings onto shoes will have an oversized thickness lining to bond on and that certainly will be good enough.

My auto electrician a while back had to reverse the polarity of a second hand regulator for me. He did it in less than a minute but I didn't see him do it. So ask your auto electrician to check it out and if you want to go negative earth do it all now. Reversing the polarity does not effect the rotation of the starter either.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AUSDOK

« Reply #33 on: 26 May, 2018, 02:02:16 pm »
Hi John thanks for you reply ,the drums went to a brake guy how said they had been machined too many times and overthick liners wont work.  We are checking to see if the Fordson N is the same size 10" as we may be able to source some if the splines are the same. otherwise we keep looking.Regards Rudy

AUSDOK

« Reply #34 on: 12 June, 2018, 02:03:09 pm »
We received the brake drums back and there where a new set of oversize  brake shoes that fitted very well. The guy said he did not change them so a mystery indeed. It has all been fitted and the brakes work well. Had a good run with no smoke or undo noises and rattles. Will put the engine cowing back on and start another. Thanks for all your input and assistance. P.S if you know of anybody who needs a good set of brake drums I know of where there is a set that may be available. Regards Rudy