Author Topic: Humpty Dumpy  (Read 16271 times)

franco

Re: Humpty Dumpy
« Reply #15 on: 25 May, 2018, 10:48:22 am »
Cobbadog, I am confused, how can you fit sixty two and a half tons into what appears to be a one yard bin?.......... :D

Perhaps Liner used the same technology as the builder of the Tardis?

For those unfamiliar with the Tardis:
https://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/Tardis
Cairns, Queensland

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #16 on: 25 May, 2018, 11:23:33 am »
Or it could be a simple typo

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #17 on: 25 May, 2018, 05:10:48 pm »
It is easy, you omit a decimal point like I did. @ of the more common models for the early 1970's were either a 1.250cwt or a 1.375cwt, if that helps you out. But on all the ID tags that have been posted there is no decimal point seen.
Will have the hand brake sorted by Monday and the crank handle now has a bracket to sit into and the fuel leak has been stopped. Such progress.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

wee-allis

« Reply #18 on: 25 May, 2018, 08:13:16 pm »

John, in the brochure which Scott put up, the 1250 Rough Rider clearly shows it's capacity as 1250kg, which comes up as 24.55cwt. That sort of explains what it will cart.
Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #19 on: 26 May, 2018, 01:34:35 pm »
Cheers Steve. My eyes don't allow me to see that detail but I am a Blindman!.
So much has been achieved yet again. I made a bracket to hold the crank handle in its correct position and made a better connecting rod for the pair of decompression levers to operate properly rather than the piece of brazing wire. Took the fuel filter out and found it was in upside down but was very clean so it went back in until I get a new one in along with an air cleaner element. Monday is the day for the cables to be made to size so tomorrow I will cut the cables to length ready for crimping.
I have a possible source for an ID plate so hopefully this will work out just right for me to get one either already made or get one made. I am amazed that these are made in the UK and this one made possibly in 1971 that it is quoted as carrying 1250kgs and not listed in cwt. I have made contact with another owner of a 4wd model but it is definitely a 1375 rated model and his bin is slightly bigger than Humpty so this is what I am basing our one as being a 1250 rating.

steeleye

• Gladstone Qld. Just north of Benaraby
« Reply #20 on: 27 May, 2018, 06:59:14 pm »
QUOTE: " But I am now confident on it being a Liner - roughrider but need to confirm the 1250cwt "

Are you fairly sure of that figure? If so it's a hell of a dumper - 1250 cwt = 62.5 tons!
I think it should be 12.50 cwt ?????
Keepum burnin an turnin

Kim S

« Reply #21 on: 28 May, 2018, 10:45:16 am »

Could it be that Liner was made by the BBC?........

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #22 on: 28 May, 2018, 04:39:48 pm »
So far the only links to the manufacturer of Liner is the Liner Concrete Machinery Company. Happy to learn more if there is more.

franco

« Reply #23 on: 29 May, 2018, 11:31:37 am »
So far the only links to the manufacturer of Liner is the Liner Concrete Machinery Company. Happy to learn more if there is more.

Did you come across this article on the history of the Liner companies and their products?

http://tractors.wikia.com/wiki/Liner_Concrete_Machinery_Company

Frank.
Cairns, Queensland

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #24 on: 29 May, 2018, 04:31:45 pm »
G'Day Frank, Yes I did see that but didn't read all of it until now. Thanks for reminding me of it.
I saw a few other leads in that story so will follow it up later.

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #25 on: 02 June, 2018, 07:29:28 am »
So Cobba....how are the brakes going?

Cheers Scott

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #26 on: 02 June, 2018, 02:55:35 pm »
To coin a phrase, "it has all come to a grinding STOP!"
I'm now asking about the place how was the original set up done? Had two attempts with no luck or rather bad luck depends on which side of the coin you look at.
I am now trying to research how the original thing was done. I am not too sure that the hand brake handle is in the original position. I have found where the hand brake would attach beneath the bucket in front of the pedals. It is like pulling teeth getting replies from over seas at times.
The cable set up only gave me a n equal pull along the cable. I need it to be pulling twice the length to make it work by either a lever system or something else, so now I am looking at what it should be.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #27 on: 12 June, 2018, 04:35:51 pm »
Finally a working hand brake via use of a cable. Typical of many things, once it was designed and made I did end up finding a small picture of this make and model and it uses a length of flat bar in a weird way. Glad I got what I have and will stay with that unless something goes wrong. Weather permitting this weekend I will take humpty off the back of Lorry and do a photo shoot of him out the front yard.
Also arranged some new decals for him to wear. Next is an ID plate, basic but informative.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #28 on: 16 June, 2018, 04:17:19 pm »
Today I took humpty off the back of Lorry and drove him around the front for a "Kodak Moment".
Boy do I need to rebuild the steering box which definitely is happening after the truck show at Wauchope next month.
The new decals should arrive very soon but I picked up one from Rustic Spares yesterday for the direction to crank the engine which is like a farm Pumper, anti-clockwise. So that is something else that is backwards around here.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #29 on: 06 July, 2018, 04:25:10 pm »
Humpty got an upgrade today, his decals, well 2 of the 3 ordered arrived so they are on and in place. Also started on the new exhaust system. You can see where it will be coming out the back. tomorrow weather permitting I will cut the pipe to length and get the pipe expanded to fir the muffler and mount the lot. So at the moment this "high performance" engine is running a sports exhaust.    ::)   :o