Author Topic: Steam Apprentice programme?  (Read 10384 times)

Billyboy

Steam Apprentice programme?
« on: 22 September, 2009, 10:16:16 pm »
Hi all,
Just wondering is there a steam apprentice group in any steam orientated groups around vic or australia for that matter? If not is there somewhere where there one can get off the ground?

Cheers, Will

jb

Re: Steam Apprentice programme?
« Reply #1 on: 23 September, 2009, 09:01:19 am »
Will,

Not aware of any in Australia.  But it is a good idea to get new people interested in steam!

I know there is a very succesful one in England.  Any clubs or the NHMA willing to take it on?

Victoria, Melbourne, Narre Warren.

Engine Head

• PPHMS
« Reply #2 on: 23 September, 2009, 11:47:11 am »
Hi there,
I know of a big steam club here in Melbourne (MSTEC) I think once your a member you can tinker with the engines. Not sure if they do an apprentice program.
Regards, Tristan.

Billyboy

« Reply #3 on: 25 September, 2009, 11:00:47 am »
Im based in bendigo but theres has got to be one way or another to have a inter club programme up and going.

Cheers, Will

jopeter

« Reply #4 on: 28 September, 2009, 08:29:03 am »
Billy boy, I 'm going to be away from my computor for a few days but when i get back i will post a great photo I took years ago at a steam rally in the UK .It shows an ''Old Master'' with agroup of boys ,showing them the mystery of steam.....please remind me to do this.

Sorry it does not anwer your question.

Billyboy

« Reply #5 on: 30 September, 2009, 12:23:02 am »
Yep will remind you soon,
Yea well we gotta get the young people involved otherwise there wont be as many young people about to carry on being custoneians in the steam world of things.

Cheers, Will

jopeter

« Reply #6 on: 02 October, 2009, 09:19:14 am »
Billy Boy...unfortunately funerals and birthday parties for distant friends are keeping me away from the shed and finding that photo ,however i will . In the meantime I find I have two copies of a book ,'' Guide for the Boiler Attendants and Engine Drivers Certificates'' by A E King, published in 1949. If you want it I will post it to you . If you have it thn maybe someone else would like it . Send me your postal address of list jopeter@omninet.net.au

Billyboy

« Reply #7 on: 19 October, 2009, 11:51:21 pm »
Hi Jopeter,
thankyou for the book mate i got it the other day.

Cheers, Will

MasseyHarris55

« Reply #8 on: 30 August, 2012, 09:44:27 pm »
Sorry to drag up a very old topic but I noticed this and had to add my 2 cents worth.When I was a nipper back in England  (to some I still am)  I was a member of the steam apprentice club and am now still a member of the national traction engIne club ( me dear granny is on the board as a chief rally inspector over there) so if people are serious about starting up a steam apprentice club give me a hoy and I will endevour to help out best I can.