Author Topic: Southern Cross Engines.  (Read 3997 times)

Rustisreal

Southern Cross Engines.
« on: 13 September, 2018, 09:59:44 pm »
Hi there all you most informed people, a friend & I over here in the great expanse of W.A  are rebuilding two S/C diesel engines, both are 2.5 hp air cooled. the bits we need are pistons, gudgeon pin & bush. one has been rebored & sleeved but will need to get the rings once I have the piston. Hope there is something out there that someone would like to sell.
Regards Noel.
Noel in Coolbellup W.A.

AUSDOK

Re: Southern Cross Engines.
« Reply #1 on: 29 October, 2018, 11:14:20 am »
Hi Noel I take it the engines are ETB ,if so there seems to be a short supply of pistons .I have been after one for a while .please let me know if you come across any spares. Regards Rudy

Rustisreal

« Reply #2 on: 29 October, 2018, 11:23:24 pm »
Hi Rudy, I have not been able to get any parts, so had the piston bored oversize & the gudgeon bush bored out to suit, then the machinist made a new gudgeon pin to suit. Not cheap $250.00 all together. Now I have to find some rings there is a place here in Perth that may be able to get them, he is hard to contact as he wont answer the phone all the time, also the rings need to be about 25thou thicker as the ring grooves need to be machined as they are not true. that's where I am at the present time, all been put on hold for a while. Regards Noel. 
Noel in Coolbellup W.A.

Sauve

« Reply #3 on: 17 November, 2018, 12:36:28 am »
Did you manage to contact that guy in Perth? Do you mind sending the contacts to me as I need similar stuff done as well?

Rustisreal

« Reply #4 on: 31 January, 2019, 11:01:23 pm »
Hi Sauve, sorry I have not replied to you sooner but I have not been on the site for a while.The bloke in Perth is George & he sells rings & bits, his business name is H.B.Sales @27 Church St Perth, Phone number 0893283043.
The guy that did the machining on my piston is Joe Papperoni  & he lives down at Wattleup about 40klms south of the city, Phone number 0400194757.
I am getting rings from Len Cooper in Qld as they have to be oversize so we can machine the ring grooves to make them true again.
  hope this is of some help to you. Do you live in W.A. or on the east side somewhere. Regards Noel. 
Noel in Coolbellup W.A.