Author Topic: Lorry door hinge  (Read 17522 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Lorry door hinge
« Reply #15 on: 30 November, 2019, 03:43:58 pm »
Today I spent most of it using some old style cutting compound by hand to tidy up the rest of the cab. My stuffed shoulders are even worse now and I will pay for it all night but I am happy with the result. I will include a picture of the insulation/sound proofing I stuck under the floor of Lorry to quieten him down which it did do and help with insulating one day when an a/c unit goes under the dash. It may look like a metal patchwork quilt but it is effective.
Now all I need to do is clean up the inside of the cab and this will include some replacement rectangular door handle covers that fir behind the handle on the inside and some of the circular plastic washers that fit behind the window winder handle. Mine are in bad shape and I am confident that these parts are a generic Toyota part and possible 10 other makes of cars so a trip to the wreckers with samples is to happen soon.
Who is a "Pretty Boy" then ?
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #16 on: 30 November, 2019, 03:44:40 pm »
A couple more to bore you with.

asw120

« Reply #17 on: 01 December, 2019, 08:51:59 pm »
That door trim looks good to me; infact the whole job. I am in a bit of a funk at the moment, so it's good to see someone getting things done.

Jarrod.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #18 on: 02 December, 2019, 04:04:17 pm »
Thanks Jarrod, New door seal just arrived now so that can go on tomorrow and then clean up inside the cab and its done.