Author Topic: Bye  (Read 5249 times)

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
Bye
« on: 29 November, 2018, 07:25:30 pm »
I have been a member of this forum, along with 7 or 8 others, mostly as a lurker, predating this forum, back to when it was the old forum. So I've seen a bit....Boc Choy Baby? Anybody remember him?
They say that "if you cant stand the heat, then get out of the kitchen", and just as soon as I post this, that's exactly what I'll do. I intend to close my account, log off and not come back.
My reasons are that there are much better, more wholesome and satisfying things to do in life than put up with the bad mannered, ignorant, rude, arrogant, egotistical, know it all prats who continue to get away with posting insulting, demeaning, negative, rubbish, aimed at doing nothing more than hurting people. One in particular hasn't a clue as to how to post a constructive comment. Instead its all negative crap thats posted under his (or is it her) name.
Other forums I frequent wouldn't tolerate this behavior, but the moderator(s) here just delete a post and the perpetrators just keep on at it. These wreckers should be banned, not continually slapped across the wrists.
TOMM Forum moderators, wake up to the fact that these people are bringing your once fantastic forum, down, not helping it grow.
I'll see you on the rally ground.
Cheers,
Rob

"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

wee-allis

Re: Bye
« Reply #1 on: 30 November, 2018, 03:26:20 pm »

Hi Scott and others,

Knowing Rob as I do, I can understand his reaction to this. He is not only a Ford tragic, but a perfectionist.

I fully believe that we all have a right to our own opinion. What we do not have is, the DUTY to express it, no matter who it may affect. No-one has the right to assume that if they get offensive or abusive or loud enough, their opinion is correct and nothing else matters and everyone should accept it as Gospel.

Anyone with that opinion of themselves should be wary. There was only ever one person on earth who was 100% right all the time and he was nailed up for his beliefs.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

Windjammer

• Shooting the breeze
    • MATAMA
« Reply #2 on: 01 December, 2018, 07:08:13 am »
WOW.
Did I miss something?
"Fair winds & following seas"

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 01 December, 2018, 03:43:08 pm »
Yep you would be sadly missed by the forum and just because of one person. Something just is not right! I'm not a Ferd person but I do appreciate some thing that is good and the Zephyr was a great car and would really poke along well.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AUSDOK

« Reply #4 on: 03 December, 2018, 11:41:58 am »
Hi Rob I have been thinking about your first post and have to admit I found it unsettling. To allow another member to cause you enough grief that you feel that you need to resign is only empowering the offender. You have several choices . 1. Do nothing. 2. Retaliate. 3. Get support. 4. Resign and have the issue eat away at you.  Don,t give in ,you have done nothing wrong. You have support. Please accept it. Regards Rudy

Ian

« Reply #5 on: 04 December, 2018, 01:21:55 pm »
Hi Rob

I'm with Rudy, don't let them grind you down.  You have the support of all the members who do not like the negativity that is being posted on this forum.  We has the members must report the poster/posters to the Forum Admin and the Adin must take positive action  eg, ban the offender ASAP. 

Regards

Ian
1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

basewindow

« Reply #6 on: 05 December, 2018, 06:44:54 am »
I dont post much, lurk and read mostly, so I was disturbed to read this. Ive only recently got into 'Old Machinery', the forum and the hobby. These forums are the most wonderful and useful things around and every person on them has knowledge, enthusiasm and passion for their own particular interest, and it would be a shame lose anyone. Who knows the next inspired person happening across this Forum just might be seeking the exact knowledge you possess. Every loney, discarded, rusty, engine, tractor, or other old machine, recovered and restored and bought back to life, is because of people on Forums like this one.
Had it not been for Forums such as this I would never have gained the knowledge or enthusiasm restore my machines and find enjoy this wonderful, and cathartic hobby.
1963 Fordson Super Dexta, 1969 International 434, 1953 Lister CS 3.5hp, 1939 Bamford SD1 3.5hp, 1951 (G&N) Ronaldson-Tippett 3hp N type.

winchester

« Reply #7 on: 07 December, 2018, 11:05:52 pm »
Yes well there is an answer Rob. If there is the facility to put the offending individual on your ignore list then do so.
.I am not sure if this can be done on this forum. It is available on Smokstack.

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #8 on: 08 December, 2018, 06:34:20 am »
Yes well there is an answer Rob. If there is the facility to put the offending individual on your ignore list then do so.
.I am not sure if this can be done on this forum.
Hello all
The feature is in this forum and it may have been wise to check to see if it can be done before offering it as a solution.
Simply go to a post you've done and click on your name. There will be a modify profile come up next to the yellowy/orange Profile info box. Put your mouse on the modify profile and your buddies/ignore box will pop up. Click on it and go for it.
You can also put your mouse on the profile button (next to messages) when looking at the home page. A drop down menu will appear and put your mouse on forum profile and click. You should be able to see a modify profile yellow/orange box. Put your mouse on this and another box will come up with buddies/ignore at the bottom of the list. Move your mouse down and when you get to buddies/ignore list another box will open. Click on ignore and go to town in filling in names
I'm saying yellow/orange box because that's what I see. The colour on your computer may be different due to settings. Look for a coloured box.

Further to this feature, there is also a Report to a moderator at the bottom of each post. Press and report if a post needs it.

Cheers Scott

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #9 on: 08 December, 2018, 03:43:14 pm »
Hey Scotty ,

Am I in the "Naughty Box?  ::)

klanger

« Reply #10 on: 08 December, 2018, 09:46:04 pm »
If no reply to you, l guess you are😀😀
Kevin
Cowes, Phillip Island. Vic
2 x 3hp Record Marine Engines
Ferro 7.5 hp Type K Marine Engine
Ferro 5.5 hp Type E Marine Engine
Ferro 5.5 hp Type F Stationary Engine
2 x Stuart Turner P5M
Simplex 5Hp
Simplex 7/10Hp Twin Cylinder
Detroit Marine Engine 4 HP

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #11 on: 09 December, 2018, 04:29:51 pm »
Thanks Kev.
Got a phone yesterday from the boy and all is good!   ::)   ;D

Scott

« Reply #12 on: 10 December, 2018, 07:44:16 am »
If no reply to you, l guess you are😀😀
No way in hell is Cobba in my sin bin. I need to know what's wrong with Ray the Lister and see how Cobba gets on with his lathe project/s.
I have not got a clue about CS Listers and Cobba's trials and tribulations with Ray are all a grateful learning curve for me. All without the headaches, hard yakka and dirty hands/arms.  ;D

Cheer Scott

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #13 on: 22 December, 2018, 04:57:36 pm »
I just couldn't stay away.
I tried and tried but eventually just had to have a look see and was amazed and humbled by the replies to this thread.
Thanks to you all for the words of encouragement, they are much appreciated and please accept my apologies for my dummy spit, especially if it upset anybody.
"Ford Tragic".... Who? Me? Good on ya Steve.
OK, so I'm back. I hope to gain lots from you knowledgeable folk and you never know, I just might be able to contribute something too.
Thanks again.
Cheers,
Rob
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

Scott

« Reply #14 on: 22 December, 2018, 05:04:52 pm »
Goodo. Righto then, back to the Zephyr.  :)