Author Topic: Cropmaster  (Read 7413 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Cropmaster
« Reply #15 on: 15 January, 2019, 01:08:20 pm »
Will do just that John.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #16 on: 29 April, 2019, 03:30:49 pm »
Well I made contact with Kevin the dustless sand blaster from out Wingham way. He has a mechanical job for Monday to Friday and some Saturday mornings. He came out and looked at this job and offered a good price to do the job. It has taken me a while to get to the stage where I can get him in. I also asked him if he would 'split' the job and do it in halves as I am restricted with room to hang bits for undercoating. I also offered to bring 'round 2' out to him so he can do it at his leisure. He also mixes a product with the water to slow down surface rust starting for a few days.
So I have made contact with him and it will be around 3-4 weeks before he can start. The tractor is now sitting on the new stands I made for the back end to make it as safe as we can. Then between now and when he arrives I will lift the steering wheel off, it is just sitting there now, and do a small repair to the hub and prepare it for painting. I need to tape up the top of the steering shaft to stop anything going down and into the steering box itself. I started to straighten out some minor damage to one of the mudguards where previous owner backed into somethingand crumpled it slightly. I dragged out my old hammer and dollies from the panel beating days and refreshed some "skills" not used for years. Also found a small amount of rust hiding under some double panels one of which is a half round tube to stiffen up the bottom section of the guard and some flat double panel rising up from the main mounting bracket. I also have a few holes to repair or simply fill up and grind off. Part of the repair here will have to have some plastic surgery done where the panel damage is under the double half round panel.
Now I'm this close to actually getting this long term project done I am becomming more impatient to see more progress.
I can't think of any more repairs that need doing but this usually creeps up and kicks your behind and you have another job to do.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #17 on: 05 May, 2019, 02:13:01 pm »
Here are my head lights painted and ready to go back on once the tractor is painted and the fan, generator and starter motor are also done. These tail lights are still hanging to dry so will post a pic of them once re-assembled.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #18 on: 06 May, 2019, 02:48:49 pm »
Here are the stop / tail lights ready to be fitted when it is time.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #19 on: 06 June, 2020, 04:36:57 pm »
Do you think I need to blow the cobwebs out?

asw120

« Reply #20 on: 06 June, 2020, 08:45:23 pm »
Blow them out, or suck them in?  :)

Jarrod.

wee-allis

« Reply #21 on: 12 July, 2020, 08:52:32 am »

Cobba, Sent you a message.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #22 on: 12 July, 2020, 09:46:52 pm »
Thank you very much Steve, I have replied with thanks.