Author Topic: Cooper Little Wonder 2hp engine  (Read 2830 times)

Ian

Cooper Little Wonder 2hp engine
« on: 13 March, 2019, 09:19:04 pm »
Hi All,

Got hold of this Cooper Little Wonder yesterday.  I can't see any ID on the engine, maybe not looking in the right place?  The cooling tank and fuel tank are not original and the fly wheel on the governor side has been replaced with an ill fitting twin v belt pulley.  It does have good compression, have yet to check for spark, I was told that the magneto has been rebuilt.  So I'm looking for a governor side flywheel and a flat belt pully to suit.  Hope to get it running on the weekend, I shall take it to the Historical Machinery Club of Tasmania's  display at the Wynyard Show on Saturday and have a play with it.

Regards

Ian
1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Cooper Little Wonder 2hp engine
« Reply #1 on: 14 March, 2019, 04:50:41 pm »
Nice find Ian. Hopefully it all goes well in finding the wanted parts.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Ian

« Reply #2 on: 14 March, 2019, 10:13:28 pm »
Hi Cobbadog

Did some work on it today, cleaned out the fuel tank and fuel lines, also cleaned out the water hopper and flushed the block.  Also put a shim in the ill fitting twin v belt pully.  I'm a bit concerned about the magneto was told it had been overhauled but no spark at this time.

Ian
1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 17 March, 2019, 02:42:22 pm »
Hi Ian,
Hopefully the maggy will come to life after a clean up of the points and that the previous owner was not careless with the truth.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Ian

« Reply #4 on: 17 March, 2019, 07:37:11 pm »
Hi Cobbadog

he made the mistake of putting a carbon high tension lead on instead of wire, also the engine has sat for the last 15 years, so I reckon it will need re magnetizing.   Lucky to have a guy who does Magnetos not far away.

Ian

mikelsjunk

« Reply #5 on: 17 March, 2019, 07:58:50 pm »
Hi All,

Got hold of this Cooper Little Wonder yesterday.  I can't see any ID on the engine,

Ian

Ian these engines do not have ID stamped anywhere - which makes it frustrating today to get a handle on date of manufacture etc
Mike Young,
Orange, NSW, 2800
Collector of Self Restored Vintage Stationary Engines

Ian

« Reply #6 on: 18 March, 2019, 09:09:34 am »
Hi Mike

Thanks for that, I was thinking along those lines.

Ian