Author Topic: mystery engine  (Read 9847 times)

AUSDOK

Re: mystery engine
« Reply #30 on: 12 May, 2019, 03:55:01 pm »
Well it is now in pieces the bore had major scoring and the top of the bore has marked corrosion. It is currently getting re-sleeved with new rings as well  as the gap was 36th for a 90 ml bore. the rings where also badly scored. The internals consist of 2 flywheels and a conrod and the oiler feed only. there is a shaft for the timing gears that was set out by 2 teeth .    all the lubrication is from a drip oiler directly on the flywheels that fling it about. am trying to find more info re original carby and magneto ,but info is a bit slow coming. Am taking a lot of pics ans measurements so as a record can be kept. Regards Rudy

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #31 on: 12 May, 2019, 09:24:22 pm »
Keep a good log of everything Rudy. Being such a rare specimen you have all your answers as you take it apart. When it baffles the guys overseas and had issues identifying it, all info is going to be hard to come by and possibly slow to happen as well.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Frizzy

« Reply #32 on: 15 May, 2019, 11:19:09 am »
could it be that it started life as a cycle engine and a bush mechanic converted it to stationary ?

AUSDOK

« Reply #33 on: 15 May, 2019, 03:50:43 pm »
There is a photo of the twin cylinderwater cooled engine on a bike. I am not ruling out anything. Regards Rudy

Eric Schulz

« Reply #34 on: 15 May, 2019, 05:09:43 pm »
could it be that it started life as a cycle engine and a bush mechanic converted it to stationary ?
I suppose it is possible that someone replaced the original alloy crankcase with a cast iron one, complete with mounting lugs and S logo, but unlikely.

Eric

AUSDOK

« Reply #35 on: 28 August, 2019, 10:15:34 am »
Hi it is currently getting resleeved which is a bit of an issue as the walls are only 200 thou thick . the guys seem very confident and are aware of the history or lack of it about the engine. We are also making the piston round again and getting new rings as the old ones which where new are deeply scored.  Awaiting further info from Belgium but there source seems to of dried up. Regards Rudy

AUSDOK

« Reply #36 on: 23 October, 2019, 07:34:14 am »
Finally have the block back ,has been resleeved and honed ,the piston has been made round again and a new set of rings made to suit. Will spend some time working out a rebuild plan with plenty of photos and info.  Rudy

AUSDOK

« Reply #37 on: 14 November, 2019, 08:11:48 pm »
Finally assembled needed a bit of tweaking ,a change of spark plug and she runs sweetly. Thanks for all of the information and help. Regards Rudy

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #38 on: 15 November, 2019, 04:47:59 pm »
Good to hear that Rudy, where are all the photos you mentioned?
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

AUSDOK

« Reply #39 on: 20 November, 2019, 03:48:58 pm »
Michelle from Tomm has asked me to do a  article on the engine. I agreed but it will take time as I  will need to get it right otherwise the keyboard warrirs will have a field day. Rudy