Author Topic: D. Sims and Sons Makers Morpeth- corn sheller  (Read 3773 times)

47 dodge

D. Sims and Sons Makers Morpeth- corn sheller
« on: 24 January, 2019, 07:58:39 pm »
Hey all,
Firstly I am a new member and it looks like a good place to gain knowledge before it is lost forever. I have seen from a few years ago on the forum some fellas asking about the D.Sims and Sons corn sheller from Morpeth. I am hoping that these questions have been answered, I do have an operational, and in original condition sheller and will be happy to share knowledge or pics as required. This particular sheller was at some stage hooked up by belt to a Monitor engine, it is not in working order as yet. Along with the engine there is another project i am looking for parts for and that is the Richmond corn crusher, happy to hear from anyone on that one.
Meanwhile I'll keep going on the ol Dodge and maybe one day get it all to a show some where. Happy to hear from anyone about the machinery.
Cheers
47 Dodge

tim

Re: D. Sims and Sons Makers Morpeth- corn sheller
« Reply #1 on: 28 January, 2019, 10:12:06 am »
D.Sim & Sons, Morpeth?

Hope this helps
Tim
Central West, NSW

Scott

• From the thriving metropolis known as Warwick QLD
« Reply #2 on: 02 February, 2019, 07:51:29 am »
Hello Tim
What years were those snippets?
A relative of the Sims was around here looking into Sims products and history.

Cheers Scott

tim

« Reply #3 on: 03 February, 2019, 09:58:00 am »
Hi Scott,
As per the file names 1926 (Y-M-D)

Cheers
Tim
Central West, NSW

Clarence Town Museum

« Reply #4 on: 06 May, 2019, 08:15:03 pm »
We have two corn shellers in our museum in Clarence Town and I'm currently doing a Uni assessment on them.

47 Dodge I would love to see the photo's of the one/s you have to see what differences there are? Do you know the date of yours?
 I have no idea of the date of ours.

We also have a Sim and Sons press which is believed to be a wool press though I'm not sure as it doesn't have boxes and I can't see how they would have fitted.

Newcastle library has a small manuscript with part of a catalogue unfortunately no images of the press or corn sheller so unable to date them from that. Would love to find more advertising material for them.

Cheerio
Clarence Town Museum