Author Topic: Old McDonald and me...  (Read 3436 times)

Ol Banger

Old McDonald and me...
« on: 24 May, 2019, 10:10:30 pm »
Hi everyone.
I'm new here and look forward to learning heaps more about Australian made engines of all makes.. but especially McDonalds.
I've been admiring these classic old engines for almost 30 years at various shows and rallies and finally I've found myself a McDonald SE.
I have the chance to buy it but as I'm new to this hobby I have no idea what a fair price is for it. As you can understand I don't want to offend him or rip myself off.
The engine runs and is in good original unrestored condition.
I'd appreciate any advice on this topic.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Old McDonald and me...
« Reply #1 on: 01 June, 2019, 04:57:53 pm »
Nice find and it sounds as if you have a good sense o humour buying a McDonald.  ;D
They are a great little engine and we have the same model under the house waiting for it's turn to be bought back to life. At least now we have all the parts and some spares.
As for price it is always hard to put a figure on it. Sellers always go high and buyers tend to go low with prices. So make an offer and see what happens. If he is happy with your offer he will let it go if he is not happy with it he will come back at you with another price. So pay what you are comfortable paying. Out of curiousity what is the asking price?
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #2 on: 01 June, 2019, 04:58:45 pm »
Meant to say welcome to the Forum.
Cheers Cobba
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Ol Banger

« Reply #3 on: 23 June, 2019, 04:11:15 pm »
Hi Cobba.
Thanx for the welcome mate.
No price has been mentioned yet but I'm hoping to go visit him next weekend.
I hope my sense of humor is intact after the visit.  :D

KevO