Author Topic: Ready for wet sand blasting  (Read 8564 times)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: Ready for wet sand blasting
« Reply #15 on: 28 July, 2019, 03:48:40 pm »
Well I've been still busy straightening out the tinware and got some red paint on some parts so it is progressing slowly. Had the tyres fitted back on the rims and when I picked them up the fitter told me before I saw it that he scratched the paint on the backside of the naive plate. I thanked him for his honesty but when I looked it was not bad at all and I have already got it sorted for a quick touch up next time I have the spray gun out, hopefully tomorrow. The slight scratches are up against the axle flange anyway and is why I'm not screaming or worse.
The last 'spray day ' went well but 2 items did not meet the standards I was looking for so they have been rubbed back and ready for another go at them These are the side covers for the engine and I got 2 tiny spots of rejection and the finish was a not good enough for what I want. I have some engine parts back in place like the starter motor, radiator cooling system is complete, distributor and carby are on. I also have the hand clutch bolted back into place and the locking device is sitting in place ready to be bolted to the guard when it is ready to go back on.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #16 on: 31 July, 2019, 04:18:45 pm »
Latest couple of pics to annoy you.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #17 on: 01 August, 2019, 04:39:20 pm »
After seeing what I have done with these badges I am certain that no one will ask me to do any for them. Having a steady hand OR the gift to do this sort of shit avoids me, but it is what it is and is how it is going to stay. At least at the end of the project I can say "I did the bloody lot" and it will show!    :o ::)

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #18 on: 02 August, 2019, 02:41:03 pm »
I am suffering with " foot in mouth" disease.
I can't leave it as is so I have touched it up with some yellow and will do the smallest touch up on the red in a couple of days.
I can be my own worse enemy at times.

famous fitter

« Reply #19 on: 02 August, 2019, 08:30:39 pm »
Hi Cobba,

I?ve seen a hell of a lot worse.......

It will be fine , if anyone picks - just ask them where their restored tractor is and go pick the guts out of it !!!!.

Having done similar things on badges it is not as easy as it would appear.........

Cheers Justin

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #20 on: 02 August, 2019, 09:11:57 pm »
Hi Justin, thanks for the vote of support. Today's effort to tidy it up more certainly inproved the look and there are now 2 letters that would benefit from a bit of red on them so will do that over the weekend maybe.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #21 on: 11 August, 2019, 03:18:47 pm »
Bloody slow progress and the wind is blowing this dog off his chain !

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #22 on: 16 August, 2019, 09:03:35 pm »
Had another 'spray day' today and it was just that.
It had a gastric attack and got the runs in a couple of palces so I will have to see how bad it is tomorrow and take the appropriate action.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #23 on: 22 August, 2019, 04:06:14 pm »
Did a trial fit with the remaining tinware as none of it was original to this tractor and once confirmed it all got painted and the runny bits were rubbed back and re-sprayed. I have almost finished the electrics and yes I have levelled up the gauges that were crooked. So hopefully this weekend it will be all back together again.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #24 on: 27 August, 2019, 04:26:33 pm »
DONE ! 

wee-allis

« Reply #25 on: 27 August, 2019, 05:14:50 pm »

Well done John, it's come a long way since you acquired it. Congratulations.
Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #26 on: 27 August, 2019, 09:43:36 pm »
Thanks Steve, yes it has come a long and has had a lot of help along the way from people like you for which I am grateful. After having poor oil pressure it wqas time for a full engine rebuild along with a clutch assembly. Then new brakes, oil seals and speedy sleeves for the back end. Bought a Super Cropmaster for the parts to swap over the better tinware and found that the front axle assembly was also going to be swapped over. Had a play with the steering box but there is still room for improvement in the future. All new tie rod ends that have not been reproduced to the same specs as the originalsand had to cut down the threaded section on both sides, a new gauge/s over time and then a simple radiator clean turned to crap and needed a re-core at an over the top price, sand blasting, body filler and paint and don't forget all those words that can simply flow out when things don't go right. That reminds me I need to appologise again to my neighbours for my language but they just laugh which doesn't help either.
Next project is suppose to be HRH Sarah Ferguson but I do want to try and re-birth a SE McDonald engine.

Bugly

• Greetings from the Top End of Down Under
« Reply #27 on: 29 August, 2019, 12:05:26 pm »
Looks pretty nice, John. And you conquered all the obstacles along the way wonderfully!
A 1948 Fordson E83W and a 1950 Ferguson TEA20 ... what a combo!!

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #28 on: 29 August, 2019, 08:35:41 pm »
Cheers Bugly still a couple of minor issues to sort but they will be sorted after the RIR.

wee-allis

« Reply #29 on: 03 September, 2019, 07:32:38 pm »

Cobba, sent you a personal message about your fuel tank. Cheers, Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.