Author Topic: New Member from Notts UK  (Read 568 times)

JerryNotts

New Member from Notts UK
« on: 25 July, 2019, 01:32:04 am »
I want to introduce myself on this forum. I live in Nottinghamshire UK. (Notts) with a considerable interest in Diesel Engines, especially those formerly made by Ruston and Hornsby Ltd in Lincoln, England and in the excavators made by that company and its successor Ruston-Bucyrus also located in Lincoln.

Currently I am trying ultimately to produce a model 19-RB excavator, to include a Diesel engine of my own making. I believe my workshop is sufficiently comprehensive to allow me to make a reasonable attempt at this ambition.

I came to this forum in a search for any information I could find about R and H engines and found that there had been some interest and knowledge of these amongst  various postings. I also now understand why any time I bought any manual, parts list or instructional material off ebay most came from Australia.

Before anybody suggests that I am too ambitious, I already know this is going to be a long haul, forum members might care to search out on the Model Engine Maker forum the work in the US  of a member there (Chris) Crueby who has nearly completed a scale model of a Marion steam shovel over some 290 constructional postings.
http://www.modelenginemaker.com/index.php/topic,7530.0.html

I am sure you will admire his patience and dedication.

Finally may I thank members for allowing me to join your forum. I feel my next posts will be requests for information and probably any pictures that can be shared.

Jerry.

winnock

Re: New Member from Notts UK
« Reply #1 on: 25 July, 2019, 07:37:25 pm »
Sounds a most interesting project. Please keep us informed of your progress. When you have specific questions I am sure there are members of this forum who will be able to help.
Hugh
Diesel fuel injection equipment & vintage windmills.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
Re: New Member from Notts UK
« Reply #2 on: 31 July, 2019, 04:22:55 pm »
Welcome to the Forum and your long term project sounds like a real gem and look forward to hearing of any progress.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.