Author Topic: Southern Cross EFH  (Read 1767 times)

AUSDOK

Southern Cross EFH
« on: 04 October, 2019, 07:40:30 am »
I had a look at the engine yesterday and removed the fuel pumps and injectors ,they leave a lot to be desired.
The fuel pumps are Bosch PF1A7S800  the book says it should be P00  and not 800 .does that make a difference ,under the fuel pumps is UT 32+- 0.4
The  injectors should be either a CAV BDLL140S6192 or a Bosch DLL140S118
I have 2 different injectors. CAV BKBL 9755097 under that is DN52S20.
And a Bosch KBL97556/4
Are these compatible with the original  injectors ,or are they ringings. Regards Rudy

winnock

Re: Southern Cross EFH
« Reply #1 on: 12 October, 2019, 07:02:34 pm »
Hi Ausdok. I would not be worried about the 800 number on the Bosch pump. It would be hard to trace the meaning of this. The BDLL and DLL, CAV and Bosch nozzles you have are interchangeable and correct for your engine. The injectors sound a bit like ring ins. The DN52S20 is a pintle nozzle and would not even fit in your engine which has long stem nozzles. The UT number on the pump is a timing figure Bosch use. It gives the depth the tappet should be below the mounting face for the pump. It is measured with the tappet in its lowest position and adjusted either by an adjustable tappet, or by the use of shims. It presupposes the camshaft timing is correct. I would disregard this and follow the engine manufacturers instructions. Incidentally, UT3.2 not UT32.
Hugh
Diesel fuel injection equipment & vintage windmills.

AUSDOK

Re: Southern Cross EFH
« Reply #2 on: 14 October, 2019, 11:49:07 am »
Thanks for the information Hugh , The gentleman that I got the engine from said it was all original when he bought it new and he says he didn't change anything unless it was broke. So maybe it was changed post factory before he bought it. I don't think we will ever find out. Regards Rudy