Author Topic: Sunshine 2hp horizontal stationary  (Read 2668 times)

JeffR

• Gwelup, WA.
Sunshine 2hp horizontal stationary
« on: 07 October, 2019, 10:07:52 pm »
G'day,

I'm chasing any and all information or rough build date on a "Sunshine" badged, 2hp Type B horizontal stationary engine. Have searched the net and haven't found much on Sunshine Type B's. There is a bit on the Sundex Type B which I'm fairly certain is the the same engine going off the images I've seen, I'm wondering if they changed badges at some point.
Also found quite a few references to "Fred Mynard / HV McKay Register/Lake Goldsmith", I have emailed the Lake Goldsmith Steam Preservation Society to inquire if they have Fred Mynards contact details and also to pass on mine; however, to date I have had no reply.
Would anyone have the contact details for Fred Mynard?

Any and all information would be helpful.
Regards, Jeff Ryan.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
Re: Sunshine 2hp horizontal stationary
« Reply #1 on: 08 October, 2019, 03:20:44 pm »
I have Feds contact details from about 10 or 15 years ago. They may be the same, but since I've been out of the loop for about the same time, I cant guarantee it.
If you haven't already found them, PM me and I'll email them to you rather than posting it all on here.
Cheers,
Rob
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

JeffR

• Gwelup, WA.
« Reply #2 on: 08 October, 2019, 08:16:33 pm »
Here's a few photos of the engine.

JeffR

• Gwelup, WA.
« Reply #3 on: 08 October, 2019, 08:18:17 pm »
Couple more photos.

Eric Schulz

« Reply #4 on: 08 October, 2019, 10:15:14 pm »
It is a Sundex engine. I do not know why some were badged Sunshine. The 2hp was made between 1922 and 1932, when it was replaced by the Sundial 2hp.

Eric

JeffR

• Gwelup, WA.
« Reply #5 on: 08 October, 2019, 11:52:57 pm »
Thanks for the info and reply Eric,
From photographs of Sunshine and Sundex badged engines I've noticed some differences and put it down to the different types.

Does anyone know the differences between the types and how many types there are, I've read references to the type B & C 
and bugger all else. 
Regards
Jeff.

highwheeler

« Reply #6 on: 18 October, 2019, 09:45:26 pm »
Fred Mynard has changed his address some time ago and has handed the register on

JeffR

• Gwelup, WA.
« Reply #7 on: 18 October, 2019, 09:55:22 pm »
Thanks for the reply highwheeler, I was recently informed on Smokstak that he passed it onto Alan Weatherhead.

Do you have or know anyone that has Alan Weatherheads contact details?

Regards
Jeff