Author Topic: Moruya Club Engine Shed.  (Read 6861 times)

wee-allis

Moruya Club Engine Shed.
« on: 03 January, 2020, 08:45:53 am »

Hi all,
Just to let you know that our club engine shed which we have had at The Old Mogo Town Tourist Park for many years has been totally destroyed in the New Years Day fires.  All the engines, tractors and associated bits are gone, including our club signature engine, the 6hp York.

Very busy at home at the moment, preparing for the arrival of the fire expected here tomorrow. We have some photos which I will put up later, if we still have the facilities.

To everyone else out there, be safe and good luck.

Cheers,
Steve.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

Triumphline

• Global Moderator
Re: Moruya Club Engine Shed.
« Reply #1 on: 03 January, 2020, 09:52:40 am »
Such terrible news Steve. When I saw the photos on social media I was heartbroken to see your club's hard work destroyed.
Keep safe.
Patrick
Patrick M Livingstone
The Austral Register
Sydney, NSW

Grasshopper

« Reply #2 on: 03 January, 2020, 09:24:06 pm »
Sorry to hear the news your club shed containing old and valued treasure taken by the fire.
A real tragedy that those items are gone, I am sorry for your club.
Hopefully you will be able to get back on your feet and come back stronger.
I wish you better fortunes in the future, than the past.
Regards,
Grasshopper Max from Warwick Queensland.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #3 on: 06 January, 2020, 09:41:32 pm »
Yes Steve, very sad about the total destruction. I meant to ring yesterday to see how you got on with your own property over the weekend. Hopefully all survived and are safe and well.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

wee-allis

« Reply #4 on: 07 January, 2020, 08:04:58 am »

Some pics of the Mogo shed fire.

wee-allis

« Reply #5 on: 07 January, 2020, 08:06:49 am »

More

wee-allis

« Reply #6 on: 07 January, 2020, 08:07:31 am »
Last one.

Ian

« Reply #7 on: 07 January, 2020, 06:11:05 pm »
Hi Steve
What a sad sight to behold, I feel so sad for everyone and everything that has suffered in this most terrible tragedy.  However the Aussie Spirit will shine through and we will all pull together and see it through.

Regards

Ian
1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #8 on: 07 January, 2020, 10:03:17 pm »
It does bring tears to your eyes. Soory to the owners and hope there is some that can survive and do a Pheonix and rise from the flames.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #9 on: 08 January, 2020, 07:15:50 am »
This damned BLACK cloud does have a silver lining though, as all of our members and their families are safe.
All the best,
Rob
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #10 on: 08 January, 2020, 09:40:36 pm »
Very true Rob and that is the best way to look at it. All of this reminds me of the total destrction over in WA of the sheds and patterns etc lost to fire years back, hope they are making some progress too.

winchester

« Reply #11 on: 09 January, 2020, 10:05:23 am »
Very sorry to hear of your loss ,I have never been to your shed but fully understand your sadness. I am not sure of what has happened at the Yarloop shed that was destroyed a couple of years back here in SW WA.
A word of warning I have been suspended from a couple of forums because in my anger at the political chaos that has resulted from these bush fires  I dared mention both political and religious comment.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #12 on: 09 January, 2020, 04:40:48 pm »
As stated keep politics out of the engine and tractor forum and then all is good. we all get wound up over those things but there is a time and place to spew venom on those topics and here shouldn't be one of them.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #13 on: 11 January, 2020, 11:32:18 am »
As stated keep politics out of the engine and tractor forum and then all is good. we all get wound up over those things but there is a time and place to spew venom on those topics and here shouldn't be one of them.
Coming from a strong Methodist family, I was taught at a very young age that there are 3 subjects that should never be spoken about......not in a public arena anyway....
Politics, Religion and Sex.
By doing this all my life, even today, I don't have any troubles on forums etc. There are exceptions though....amongst mates for example. Just ask WeAllis after our coffee meeting this morning.
Cheers,
Rob
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

wee-allis

« Reply #14 on: 11 January, 2020, 12:04:04 pm »

Yes Rob, but you have to admit, everyone at the table were on the same page. No conflict there.
Steve.