Author Topic: Moruya Club Engine Shed.  (Read 6859 times)

Rustisreal

Re: Moruya Club Engine Shed.
« Reply #15 on: 11 January, 2020, 11:11:31 pm »
My sympathies go out to all of your members over these devastating fires, so sad to see such total destruction, one can only hope that you are able to come back & fly the flag again.
Noel in Coolbellup W.A.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #16 on: 12 January, 2020, 04:06:30 pm »
We have just started a "Go Fund Me" page.
You can see it here https://www.gofundme.com/f/please-help-rebuild-some-of-our-national-heritage?utm_source=customer&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=p_cf+share-flow-1
Be generous folks......we need all the help we can get.
Cheers,
Rob
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #17 on: 14 January, 2020, 05:07:39 pm »
Today a few club members went to the scene to look it over and discuss our next step towards recovery.
I took quite a few photos and built a webpage.
Its not pretty, but if you're at all interested you can see it here. https://matama.weebly.com/surveying-the-damage.html
Cheers,
Rob
"You have enemies? Good. That means you've stood up for something, sometime in your life". WINSTON CHURCHILL

Ian

« Reply #18 on: 14 January, 2020, 05:25:43 pm »
Devastating is all I can say, saw the geese and the peacock also thought I caught a glance of a Phoenix rising from the ashes.  The recovery has begun.

Ian
1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #19 on: 14 January, 2020, 08:55:44 pm »
Devastating is all I can say, saw the geese and the peacock also thought I caught a glance of a Phoenix rising from the ashes.  The recovery has begun.

Ian

Ian,
Yep, that was "Project Phoenix".
We'll all be driving big 60's Dodge's before we know it.
Seriously though....we have the spirit. We also have the capability. We just don't have the facilities or the money.
Cheers,
Rob

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #20 on: 19 January, 2020, 04:08:09 pm »
Hello,
I?ve just closed the ?Mogo Old Oilers? Go Fund Me.
I believe that once it is closed, Go Fund Me will refund all donations.
The reason for this is that GFM have made it impossible for our beneficiary, our Associations treasurer, to verify her identity in order to make the withdrawal of funds.
Thank you for thinking of us.
Regards,
Rob

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #21 on: 19 January, 2020, 04:45:41 pm »
How bloody helpful. You would think that a list of office bearers sent to them along with bank details with the same names on should be enough.
I can think of another meaning for GFM  but tends be a bit rude.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #22 on: 20 January, 2020, 06:48:35 am »
Hello again,
There are a couple of other ways to make a donation, should you want to help our cause.
You can see your options here.... https://matama.weebly.com/project-phoenix.html
Thanks & Cheers,
Rob

Ian

« Reply #23 on: 20 January, 2020, 12:39:07 pm »
Hi

Thanks for the refund info, once received I will do a direct deposit.

Regards

Ian
1 R&T Engine, 1 Simplex Model D Milk Pump, 1 Ajax Milk Pump, 1 Dawn 611 Post Drill, 1 Ajax 1.5 Piston Pump, 1 Goulds Pyramid 3x5 Piston Pump, 1 Cooper 1hp RV, 14 Chooks, 1 Dog, 2 Cats, 1 Wife & 1 Daughter

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #24 on: 21 January, 2020, 10:59:44 am »
Hello,
Its come to my attention that you may have to apply for your refund from ?Go Fund Me?.
This is despite them promising to make the refunds automatically.
If you need to go down this course then here is a link to the page to do so.
https://support.gofundme.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000288632
All the best,
Rob

wee-allis

« Reply #25 on: 23 April, 2020, 08:41:30 pm »
Finally!!!!

After almost 4 months of delays, red tape and frustration, today we finally got to retrieve what is left of our engine and tractor collection from the ruins of our club shed/museum.

Initially, the insurance company of the Tourist Park prevented us for fear of our health and well being, (They probably thought we would sue if we were hurt). Then the company hired by the Government to demolish all the fire damaged buildings and houses in the area prevented us because, "It's OUR job". That argument fell over when they realised we had Heritage listed engines in the rubble. They were afraid of doing further damage.

In frustration, this week I contacted the demo mob and suggested that we could sneak in when no-one was looking, remove the roofing iron and salvage our gear.  While they were thinking about it, some of our guys got in and got the job done today. The demo company have been told they can have access to the site as and from Monday. Sometimes, you just have to push back.

The pictures show the site after the roofing was removed and before we got our stuff out. We have yet to assess what is recoverable and what isn't.  The fire was hot enough to bow large cast iron wheels and cause the spring steel seat mounting on the Fordson to droop down to the transmission, just under the weight of the tin seat base.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

wee-allis

« Reply #26 on: 23 April, 2020, 08:44:01 pm »

This lot didn't attach.
If it's old, treat it like gold.
 38 Allis B,50 Morris Six,  Moruya, Sth coast NSW.

cobbadog

• Buzacott Farm Pumper.
« Reply #27 on: 23 April, 2020, 09:25:56 pm »
Sounds like the hand had to be quicker than the eye with the demo mob.
It is so sad to see the ruins and that is from someone who doesn't have anything there never mind if you were an owner of it.
Cheers, John & Dee. Coopernook. NSW.

Gerilgambeth

• NSW Sth Coast
    • MATAMA
« Reply #28 on: 12 July, 2020, 05:17:22 pm »
Well the Phoenix has started  rising.
One of our members, Robert Hope, took the remains of our clubs Farm Pumper under his wing, took it home and has re-restored it.
This is  the first of many, we hope.
WELL DONE Robert.
Cheers,
Rob

Triumphline

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: 12 July, 2020, 05:43:29 pm »
That looks fantastic. Great work. It is nice to see something positive in these troubled times.
Patrick
Patrick M Livingstone
The Austral Register
Sydney, NSW